2: Not fine

"You are missing from me"

☽⋅─────•⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅•─────⋅☾

"How long do you think you can keep up with this life style?" Kyung-min, my best friend since grade 2nd, asked as she took the seat beside me.

We're high school students.
High school in this country is considered to be from the 10th standard till the 12th standard, 3 years in total. As of us, were in our last year. After this, we start our university.

"You're ignoring my question, sky." She spoke up again.

"I ain't ignoring you, I just can't find an accurate answer to your question."
A sigh escaped my mouth.

"That's literally the same thing."

"Sure it is."
I took a sip of water from my water bottle as i said those words to her.

The burning sensation of water going down my throat made me want to throw the bottle to someone's head.

But guess that's what I get for worrying about being perfect more than myself.

Kyung-min's question was directly with reference to my daily routine,
Wake up, revise notes, school, get home, homework and study. That's it.

Factors like sleep, food and rest were barely given importance to— I did make time for my friends though, they

All because my parents want a perfect kid who can handle their company and business one day.

Though I have an older sister,
For some reason she is given it off easy.

She got to chose what she wanted to study and be just because she is older and that left me being the only one who can take over the company.

And that's the exact reason I have more than double the study pressure than me sister did.

"Sky...what's on your mind?"

"How does it feel to have a soulmate, Ele?"

"Soulmate?" "That's something we'll probably find out together,"

"Oh, right"

Something about the topic made me think deeper into reality. In my 17 years of existence, why hasn't my string fully processed yet?

Usually people say that their string gets to the needed opaque bright red color by the start of their Teenage years and here, mine are about to end, yet my string gives off quite a pale red.

'Do I not have a soulmate yet?'

We're the thoughts that crossed my mind quite more often than they should.

There was never such case found though.

Everyone was born with a soulmate.
The other half of their soul.

And no personal can be soulmate-less untill or unless,

Their soulmate is dead.

But my string being there is a clear indication that my soulmate is still out there waiting for me, ain't it?

Yes.

I just have to wait for the right time.

•─────⋅☾🌙☽⋅─────•