1 - Dignitade

"Будь что будет." - The Russian October (1914)

The training maidan was filled to the brim with test dummies for the soldier's to shoot at. The first soldier went ahead, kneeling on one knee, with a unpleasant posture to his back. The bullet of his rifle scrapped the side of the dummy. The next soldier went ahead, his posture was straight and disciplined. However the origin of his arm was bend slightly backwards, the walls of his palms holding the rifle awkwardly. He fired. The bullet pierced the Dummy's shoulder. The third soldier took up the gun, his position was neither efficient or disciplined. Blindly firing at the Dummy. It's arm being merely grazed... From afar the maidan watched France, WRRF stood next to her. He couldn't tell what she was thinking... but her expression looked puzzled. "Your army is not exactly the best..." France slowly spoke, carefully picking her words, as to not sound rude. "They're average for the current era, they would've done great during the 40's but it's the 60's now soo..." France continued. "Right... Where is this going again?" WRRF asked, she just dragged him in the maidan without any explanation and he was curious why she brought him here. "The fact of the matter is... Your army isn't gonna unify Russia anytime soon if you keep the army like this. They're sloppy... They're rough and they're undisciplined." France explained, glancing at the soldier's every mistake. "What do you propose then?" He asked, his eyes fixated on each bullet that hit the dummy. "Give them extensive training quota's, make sure their posture is proper and their mind focused. You can't argue with that, can you now?" France responded. "touché" Was the simple answer he decided to go with. "How does this have any correlation to the conversation at the balcony?" WRRF asked, his face turning to face France. She didn't bother to look back at him, instead focusing on the maidan. "You said you wanted to unify Russia militarily, I'm simply giving you advice on how to do that efficient. It's part of the deal... speaking of which, you never officially accept it, did you?" France asked. "No." He simply answered. "Thought so... But I'm giving good advice, no?" France continued. "So, how about we officialize it, my friend?" She reached out a hand as she finished her sentence. The cold stung her open palms. WRRF simply glanced down at the arm. "... Hmmm." He hummed hesitantly. He wasn't sure if he should... really take the offer. "If you don't want help, just say so please, my hands are cold." She scoffed in a scornfully painful manner. He wasn't sure why she scoffed but it made the choice even more pressuring... After a minute of thinking through it. He hesitantly reached his hand out and shooked hers, his palm firmly wrapping around hers.

"Well.. if you insist." He accepted, his voice still having the tint of hesitancy. All he got was a smirk from the woman's face. "Excellent!~" Her voice faded into a type of whimsical tone, a tone he didn't quite understand. "So, it's a deal then, I help you cope with your incompetent military, and you help me get back to my home? mhm?~" She hummed, expecting a yes. "...Aren't you the same person who refused my offer for a Karelian ship yesterday?" He asked, confused as to how such a humble person yesterday turned into such a needing one. "...It's more Important than a ship, Russian." She answered his question. "We can go get into the details later, if you wish. But what's important now is that I fulfill my part of my deal." She finished, leaning back as she broke the awkwardly long handshake. The Russian pulling his arms back as well. "Although that sound's extremely shady, I'm willing to help you for now." "Mhm." France hummed in response to his agreement. "Oh, and one more thing. You should start breaking down your guns and use the material from that to make new guns. To say the current ones are outdated would be a understatement." France explained, she noticed all the weapons were from the 20's and 40's. "...We barely have any factories, it's not really shocking to think people wouldn't wanna work in a frozen tundra and a factory just to make new guns." Just as he finished his sentence, France realized how fucking shitty the situation was. "...You have a lot to work on. You need more material, manpower and strength to pull your own weight, you know that, right?" She asked. He simply nodded back, slightly ashamed of the situation. "You need to start using construction drafts, bring in the people that are desperate for work, maybe even bring in those who simply refuse to work. Squeeze as much manpower as you can." France suggested, the idea of labour conscription sounded efficient but it also sounded massively cruel. But then again, what other choice would he have. "...Is there perhaps any other way we can go about doing this?" WRRF asked, trying to consider other possibilities. "I don't believe so, unless you wanna be the one conquered instead of the one conquering." France's words were true but it also stung like hell. All she got out of him was a sigh. "I'll... I'll see what i can do." He responded. Her just nodding in response. "Come back after a month, right here, right at this time." She asked... No she demanded. "Wh-" WRRF was struck dumbfounded, his face puzzled. "You heard me." France uttered it out for him again. "...what, at least give me 3 months!" WRRF demanded. "2" France simply uttered. His face turned irritated, he wasn't necessarily mad just... annoyed. "Alright, fine." "This is your first step ever, to reunify Russia." He simply glossed over her words, not taking them seriously. "Right."