5 - Aftermath

"You could never know what it's like, your blood, like winter, freezes just like ice." - Elton John
-

Well, these bandages were a hassle, WRRF slightly regretted calling the doctors. Not being able to fully move was a pain in the ass. He looked out at the car window, looking at the war torn, destroyed city that played beside him. "You really have to stop running away like this, sir." Ukhta scolded him, sitting besides him. "I'm fine, Ukhta." WRRF argued.

"You know that's not true, sir," Ukhta countered. "You need to rest and heal." WRRF grumbled under his breath about being treated like a child, but he knew Ukhta was right. He couldn't keep pushing himself this hard, especially not when the city needed him. WRRF leaned back in his seat and closed his eyes as the car wound its way through the rubble of the war-torn city.

"What happened while i was away with Plesetsk?" WRRF asked, his eyes still closed. "Well, you left me with a woman who talks way too much, so exactly how you think it would turn out." Ukhta spoke, groaning as he spoke. "Most miserable time of my life." Ukhta finished. "Oh, really?" WRRF asked. "It was honestly insufferable," Ukhta agreed.

"Every time I thought she was finally done talking, she would find something new to complain about." WRRF chuckled, even though he knew it was probably not the appropriate reaction under the circumstances. "I'm surprised you actually lasted as long as you did." "I'm just a model of endurance," Ukhta said with a smirk.

"Oh yes, your the pinnacle of composture right here." In reality, the woman they've been talking about was sitting right besides them the entire time. France having heard their entire conversation, just sighed. "I am right here," she said, her voice dripping with disdain. "I know." Ukhta spoke, a grin still present on his face.

France groaned at Ukhta's grin. But decided to stay silent about it. The woman turned her attention to WRRF and gave him a hard look. "And you, what do you have to say about this?" she asked, her tone still full of contempt. WRRF avoided her gaze, pretending to be absorbed in something out the window. "Nothing," he replied quickly, still not looking at her.

"Wow, nothing? really now?" France spoke in a both hard and sarcastic tone. "You have a few questions to answer, you know that right?" France asked. WRRF sighed and looked back over at France. "Fine, ask away, then." He said, sounding slightly annoyed. "Well for starters," France began, "why exactly were you two talking about me as if I wasn't sitting right next to you?"

"Well, ask Ukhta! not me!" WRRF argued. "What? me? nooo." Ukhta spoke, still having that shit-eating grin on his face. France decided to play along with it. "Yeah, it definitely wasn't you, your too stupid to do something funny." France responded. "What was that?" Ukhta said, feigning outrage at being called stupid. "Did you just call me stupid?" France rolled her eyes in response, trying not to let her amusement show. "Yes, I definitely did. Because you are stupid." She said, leaving no doubt about her opinion.

"Can you two shut the fuck up?" WRRF asked, offending both of them.

WRRF's sharp interruption caught both Ukhta and France off guard, and they both immediately stopped arguing. They both looked at WRRF, each one with a different expression on their faces. Ukhta's expression was one of annoyance, while France's was one of mild amusement.

"Thank you." WRRF spoke in response to the silence. Ukhta and France looked at each other, and then back at WRRF. Ukhta's expression was still irritated, but France's had evolved into something closer to a smirk. "You're welcome," she said, her tone dripping with sarcasm. "You said something about asking me questions?" WRRF spoke, glancing over to look at France.

"Oh, yeah, you still have yet to answer my questions." WRRF remained silent for a moment, as if trying to decide whether or not he wanted to engage with France. Finally, he let out a sigh and said, "Fine, go ahead. Ask your questions." France's smirk turned into a full-blown smile as she looked at him. "Okay, first question," she said, "Why did you think it was a good idea to walk off alone into the battlefield?"