Chapter 2: Poisoned Water

TW: Mentions of War and Death

*****************************

"Please! Isn't there any other way?!" The poor guard holding George's sister Mary back was struggeling surprisingly much, despite the girls small size in comparison to his own. But it was understandable, she was desperate.

George could feel the mixture of emotions clouding the water like a poison that had quietly sipped in and was now slowly killing all the life in the ocean.

Skeppy, George's brother, was leaving for the war front today.

The level of how well people took it varied quite a lot. There were people who hadn't said anything about it, like George, who had wished Skeppy well while quietly shedding one or two tears like their father had, and... well, Mary, who was screaming and begging for her brother not to leave. Her painful exclamations filled the apart from that dead silent courtyard of the castle.

The water felt strange, suffocating in a way. There was no movement in the water, which was rare because of the many fish swarms living around the castle and in the area, which usually caused at least a little bit of a flow.

It was as if the world was holding it's breath, watching Skeppy leave.

There were rumors the infamous siren rebel Technoblade would be fighting at the front. If that was true, Skeppy's death was certain.

George clutched his fists. Right now Badboyhalo was hugging Skeppy goodbye while whispering something in his ear that George couldn't hear. He saw the way Bad held onto Skeppy, not wanting to let go but knowing holding him too close would draw suspicion as to whether they were really just friends or not.

It must've hit Bad the hardest out of all of them, his mother was worried because he hadn't eaten in days. But not even his lovers silent protests could save Skeppy after his fathers decision.

George looked away and his eyes were met with Karl's, who was swimming a little on the side with the rest of the servants. It's not too late, the eyes seemed to whisper.