Chapter 10: Miracle

TW: War, Mentions of Death

*****************************

It hadn't worked. His brilliant speech had been for nothing, the battle was happening anyway.

He should've expected it, Dream realized as he swam towards the older merman with the green tail, who was leading the merfolk's army.

Tradionally, the leaders of the armies met in the middle of the battlefield before the battle, in hopes of a last-minute peace offering.

Dream would have loved to offer peace, he knew he was on the attacking side of this war, or atleast it looked that way, but he felt the eyes of all the sirens on his back as he made his way towards the middle of the field. Could he maybe just offer peace and pretend everyone was in on it?

Who was he kidding, it was hopeless. It would take nothing short of a miracle to stop this, there was no way he could. Tears started forming in his eyes.

I'm sorry, everyone... mom, Sapnap, Quackity... I'm sorry I couldn't do the thing I was born to do, ensure the safety of my homecountry and it's citizens... I failed...

Suddenly, he heard a very familiar voice. It was screaming. Wait, is that...?

As it turned out, miracles do happen. And sometimes... they hit you straight in the face. Literally.