Chapter 20

Recap : "Yeji can you- S-Soobin?!"

THIRD PERSON'S POV :
Lia was so startled after seeing Soobin that her ankle twisted and she fell down. Soobin motioned his hand forward to catch her but he was too late and now Lia was on the ground groaning in pain.

"Lia! Are you okay?"
Soobin heard Yeji's voice from behind and he realised he still had his hand in the same position. He pulled his hand back and stood there still while Yeji helped Lia get up. Soobin noticed a painful expression on Lia's face but he couldn't even move from his place as if he was stuck.

Lia was hissing in pain. As Yeonjun saw Yeji struggling to help Lia get up, he stepped in and held Lia's hand and helped Lia get up and made her sit on the bed. Soobin clenched his fists after he saw Yeonjun and Yeji together but all he could do was watch them. He was so drowned in his thoughts that he didn't even thought that Lia might be hurt.

Yeji touched Lia's forehead and her brows creased. Meanwhile, Lia was still in pain after she fell down.

"You still have fever and we don't have any medicines left now."
Yeji said and she stood up.

"I'll go and get some medicine for you."
Yeji again said.

"Wait, I'll come."
Yeonjun said to which Yeji nodded.

"Can I join?"
Soobin asked and now Yeonjun looked at him in complete anger and disbelief.

"We aren't going to amusement park, what do you mean by 'can I join'?!"
Yeonjun asked in disbelief to which Soobin lowered his head.

"Now he doesn't even want to stay here with me?"
Lia thought after noticing his expressions but she then closed her eyes.

"Of course, he's right! You're so dumb Choi Soobin! You're here to apologize to her!"
Soobin thought to himself and he looked at Yeonjun and Yeji who just left the dorm room. He then looked at Lia who had her eyes closed but her expressions were full of pain.

Soobin then sat on a chair near Lia's bed and he attempted on starting a conversation but failed to do so. He felt really nervous as if he was talking to her for the first time. His eyes then fell on her feet which had swelling. His hands suddenly surged to grab her ankle making Lia startled but when she noticed Soobin examining her injury, she unknowingly started to blush. Her heart was beating faster than ever but suddenly she remembered all those words Soobin said to her.

"Yes I'm ignoring you!"

"Why do you even want me to pay attention to you?!"

"Why are you so curious if I like Yeji or not?!"

"You're no one to ask this!"

"Don't try to intervene in my matters!"

"I think you got a sprain!"
He said with worry but as he looked at her face he stopped speaking. He noticed tears in her eyes and he knew why she had those tears.

"Listen Lia-"
Before he could speak anything, Lia started speaking.

"What do you want now? I thought you ended our friendship, so what else is left for you to say?"

".....I wanted to talk to you! But you had to be so rude! You don't know how hurting it was to hear such harsh words from a friend!"
Lia spoke, with tears continuously flowing from her eyes. Soobin felt really guilty for speaking with Lia in that tone which he clearly did not intent to use.

"I asked you if you liked Yeji because I-"
Before Lia could even complete, she heard Soobin say. She got even more shocked when she saw tears in his eyes too.

"Yes I like her, I really do. From the first day, when she bumped into Yeonjun and she fell down, she looked really innocent and pretty, I fell for her right then and I even tried to talk to her but soon learnt that she's already in love- She's in love with Yeonjun, my best friend."
Soobin said it all in low and shaky voice.

".....It really came as a shock to me but I decided to accept it since I did not want to force my feelings on her."
Soobin continued and Lia started to feel really bad for him.

"I thought that I would confess my love but when I saw Yeonjun noticing her, caring for her, thinking about her—I knew he had a soft spot for her too. I was devastated but you know, I did not want to put Yeji's and Yeonjun's happiness on stake for my own reason."
He continued. He seemed like he wanted to pour his feelings out in front of Lia.

".......It really hurts. It really hurts to see the person you love falling for someone else."
He finished off and now he completely broke down into tears.

"You can't understand Lia, how much it hurts. It's unbearable!"
He said while crying silently.

Lia then pulled him into a hug and he buried his face on her shoulder, still crying. He was so broken at that moment that he did not realise that Lia was crying too.

"I do understand Soobin. Infact— no one else can understand the pain to see the person you love fall for someone else."

From the very first day, when you helped Yeji get up. When you were in class, you looked too good to be true. I was in love with you but I soon learnt that you're in love with Yeji, my best friend.

I never thought about confessing my love though. I was happy to be around you and be your friend. But the moment I asked you if you liked Yeji, you started acting weird. You even said many hurtful things to me which I can't get out of my head. But I guess it's not your fault too. Afterall— we're on the same boat.

Lia wanted to say all this but of course, these were only limited to her thoughts.

Meanwhile, Yeji was in a medical store, buying medicines for Lia with Yeonjun who was just standing there looking at Yeji with a little smile.

"You came here on purpose, right?"
Yeji smiled at Yeonjun who looked at her in surprise.

"W-what do you mean?"
Yeonjun stuttered while rubbing his nape.

"No way she got to know that I wanted to spend time with her!"
He thought to himself.

"You wanted to give Soobin and Lia moment to talk, right?"
Yeji said while taking the medicine from the cashier and handing him the money. Yeonjun smiled lightly. Yeah, this was his initial thought too. He wanted to give both sometime to talk to each other and sort the problem.

Both of them walked out of the medical store after buying the medicine but there was an awkward silence between them. Yeonjun would look at Yeji and then steal his glances but Yeji was unaware of it or she would've blushed like crazy.

While walking, a man bumped into Yeji very hard making the bag he was holding, fall on the ground. Yeji lifted his bag and handed it to the man but as soon as she saw his face, her face went pale. Her hands started trembling but in the mean time, the man quickly left but Yeji was still standing there with fear.

"Yeji?"
Yeonjun put his hand on Yeji's shoulder to which she flinched but to his surprise, she suddenly hugged him tightly and she buried her face on his chest, frightened. She was holding him so tight as if she doesn't want to let go off him. To Yeonjun's worry, Yeji even started sobbing.

"What happened Yeji?!"
Yeonjun asked while caressing her head, he now had worried expressions.

"Please, take me away from here! Away from that man! He's a murderer!"