seven

Walking up with a terrible headache and unbearable pain on her arm, Jessica shot up from her bed. She quietly exited her room, making her way towards her mother's. She found the door open and peeking in, she realised she had woken up. After going to the bathroom, the ravenette walked to the kitchen where she found her mother, singing quietly. Angelina had just made her own coffee when she noticed her older daughter looking at her. She greeted her with a warm smile.

"Good morning, my beautiful girl. Slept well?" She asked like nothing had happened just some hours ago, but Jessica was used to it. She smiled back at her mother and mumbled a small 'yes'. Angelina walked towards her daughter and engulfed her in a tight embrace, making her flinch, before she wrapped her arms around her.

"I love you so much, sweetie" Said Angelina, almost like a sob, bringing shivers in Jessica's spine. The latter cherished moments like this. Moments were she could pretend her mother was loving and she had a great relationship with her. Moments she could pretend she had a mother. Moments she could tell kids at school when they talked about the special bonds they have with their own moments.

"I love you too, mum" Replied Jessica, holding her mother so tight like she was going to leave if she didn't. Like she was going to grow wings and fly away from her and leave her all alone. When the mother and daughter duo got away from the hug, Angelina made Jessica some coffee as the girl went to her sister's room. She unlocked her door and shook her little body, in order to wake her up.

"Good morning, butterfly. It's time to wake up" Jessica said, after removing her puffy earpieces. Caroline stretched her body and opened her eyes. She scrunched her eyes, in an attempt to wake up and soon enough stood up. The two sisters made their ways towards the kitchen and when Caroline saw who was there, she ran straight up to her.

"Mum! I missed you so much!" Said the blonde girl, hugging Angelina's stomach with all her force. She rested her head on her and Angelina patted it lovingly, caressing her little daughter's hair.

"I missed you too, Care. Sit down, I made breakfast. Tell me how have you been" Angelina told her youngest as the three Alvarez women sat together at the kitchen table, eating and talking. Caroline told her mother everything that happened the past days, including last day's situation at Nick's. The woman was furious.

"I'm going to have a talk with Georgia. This is unacceptable! No one hurts my children" Said their mother angrily, hitting her hand on the table and making little Caroline flinch. Jessica quickly spoke up.

"Everything's fine, mum. I took care of it" She said with a warning tone, as if telling her not to try and do anything stupid and reassuring her she had everything under control. Angelina didn't say anything, but nodded, sparks in her eyes. Once they finished their food and got ready for school, Angelina kissed her daughters goodbye. The moment they left, she ran to Jessica's room, only to find out it was locked. The ravenette girl knew her mother was going to search for her stuff, she took them with her and prayed not to run into security check until she figured where to leave them. She had locked her room as a distraction.

● ● ●

She picked Amerie up and after dropping Caroline to school like always, the two friends drove to school. The day was quite boring, nothing dramatic happened at school, which was odd considering Hartley High's reputation.

On her way to SLTs class, Jessica found Spider, Ant and Dusty. What they told her was music to her ears.

"Oi, where are you going, Alvarez? SLUTS is cancelled. Didn't anyone tell you?" Asked Spider, who looked more than happy with the information he shared.