Wait For Your Love [Part 2]

This chapter is dedicated to Yasmina from AO3. Thank you for your suggestion. If anyone has requests, please let me know via comment or DM... Also I did way too much research on Dragon Spacecraft for a silly smut fic. Wtf is wrong with me?

XxXxXxXxXxXx

Exhausted from crawling around through Dragon capsules and refitting components, Elon pulls up to the house after a long, difficult day. The bright glow of light from upstairs lets him know someone is still awake. Waiting up for him. He feels a little guilty for working so late. At least the issues surrounding Dragon are mostly resolved. Unlocking the front door, he heads up the stairs.

The sight before him warms his heart. Ariana and little X sit together on the living room floor, surrounded by an assortment of toys. Their blonde hair makes them look like mother and son rather than his girlfriend and his child.

Ariana looks up and beams at him. In an instant, his exhaustion fades away to giddy happiness. Noticing her distraction from their play, little X turns his attention from the toy in his hand to her and then to Elon. He smiles and happily cheers, "Daddy!"

As they both rush over to hug him, Elon chuckles. "Wow, my favorite people in one room. How lucky am I?"

They are both so short that it's easier for him to kneel down to embrace them. He kisses Ariana's cheek and kisses the top of little X's head. X hugs him then runs back to his pile of toys excitedly claiming that Princess Ari helped him draw space. As he digs through the mountain of toy cars, spaceships, drawing supplies and myriad other playthings, Elon turns to Ariana.

Grinning widely, Elon wiggles his eyebrows at her. "Princess, huh?"

Ariana shrugs, but cannot contain her smile. "He started calling me that while we were playing, and I thought it was cute."

Elon nods. "It is cute. And accurate. Although, I might need to make you my queen."

She giggles and kisses him. Elon doesn't want to stop kissing her, but little X is running back over to them with drawing in hand. They break apart and look at the drawing of the solar system. Elon grins and points out how much he likes the reds and oranges they used to color Mars. The drawing is definitely not to scale and Elon isn't quite sure if the rings around Saturn are intentionally pink and purple, but he loves it all the same. As they gaze at the drawing, the clock on the wall chimes cheerfully. Midnight. No wonder he is so tired.

Ariana gasps and looks down at X. "It's so late! I had no idea. How are you feeling, buddy?"

X shrugs as if not affected, but his response is marred by a yawn. Elon pats his head affectionately. "I think it's time for bed."

Pouting as though he disagrees with that assessment, X pulls his shoulders up in an exaggerated sigh before he hugs Ariana's legs. She rubs his back as they say goodnight. Then little X turns to reach for his father. Elon scoops him up in a big hug and kisses his cheek before handing him off to his nanny. Even as she carries him away, his eyes are already heavy with sleep.

When the door latches behind them Elon collapses onto the couch, tired but also eager to be reunited with Ariana. She snuggles up against him and begins massaging his hand. It still amazes him how both of her hands fit in one of his.

She looks up at him, her eyes full of trepidation. "How did everything go with Dragon today?"

With a sigh of relief, Elon smiles. "So much better than I initially feared. Earlier today there was an anomaly when the engineers were doing routine testing. To make matters worse they could not replicate the problem to understand why it happened and correct it."