• 03 •

"𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝒔𝒉𝒊𝒑𝒔 𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒔𝒂𝒇𝒆𝒔𝒕 𝒘𝒉𝒆𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒚 𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒂𝒕 𝒑𝒐𝒓𝒕𝒔 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒊𝒕 𝒏𝒐𝒕 𝒘𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒔𝒉𝒊𝒑𝒔 𝒘𝒆𝒓𝒆 𝒃𝒖𝒊𝒍𝒅 𝒇𝒐𝒓"

- Paulo Coelho

___________________

𝘈𝘮𝘢𝘳𝘢'𝘴 𝘱𝘰𝘷

𝘈𝘮𝘢𝘳𝘢'𝘴 𝘱𝘰𝘷

The voice seemed so familiar, yet somehow not quite right. As I slowly recognized the distinct raspy tone, I realized who it truly belonged to and was immediately taken aback.

A sudden flash of understanding dawned on my face as I turned around and found Cedric standing in front of me, his face practically pressing up against my own. That familiar raspy voice belonged to none other than the Ravenclaw boy himself.

"What are you doing..here?"

As Cedric leaned back slightly, I couldn't help but notice a hint of smirk flickering across his features. In response to her inquiries, his reply was simple yet direct.

"As a prefect, it's my duty to patrol the hallways and ensure all the students are behaving responsibly at all times."

At this, I swiftly recalled the fact that he was a Hufflepuff prefect, which explained his presence in the hallway. Nevertheless, I decided to play along.

"Oh right, that makes sense," I responded, a bit of playful sarcasm in my tone.

Cedric's stance appeared rather laid-back and relaxed as he leaned against the wall, prompting me to answer his inquiry about my current location with concise and straightforward words.

"Professor Snape called me"

was my response, delivered with a calm demeanor and an unadorned tone.

"So, may I ask for the exact explanation behind this summons?"

he posited in a semi-humorous yet questioning tone.

"You see, we are currently in the midst of the first day of this new year. May I inquire as to whether you have gotten into any mischief today?"

He added further.

"No, that's not the case at all. Just to clarify, I had been assigned the rather pragmatic task of providing tutoring services to a group of my fellow students. As a result, Professor Snape called me here so that we could discuss the details of this arrangement in greater depth. In fact, it just so happens that Professor Snape has also requested my cooperation in tutoring a few different students for the upcoming year. To that end, he has summoned me here to clarify the specific details of our shared plan, including the subjects I would be teaching and the schedule of tutoring sessions."