• 04 •

"He saw her before he saw anything in the room"

- F. Scott Fitzgerald

____________________

3𝘳𝘥 𝘱𝘦𝘳𝘴𝘰𝘯's 𝘱𝘰𝘷

3𝘳𝘥 𝘱𝘦𝘳𝘴𝘰𝘯's 𝘱𝘰𝘷

The night passed by swiftly, and the early morning sun soon greeted Amara. She was not one of those who woke up before the sun, preferring the comfort and tranquility of sleep to the bustle of rising early. That is, unless someone were to encourage her with an appropriate amount of encouragement to push her off her bed, which would undoubtedly be required for her to get up in time for her classes.

The gentle yet firm voice of Samantha echoed from afar, rousing her from her quiet slumber.

Samantha's voice reverberated, breaking the tranquil stillness of the morning.

"Awaken now or you shall be late for your session!"

The sharp and abrasive tone of Samantha's voice, coupled with the surprise of her sudden appearance, caused Amara to jump up, albeit with a slight delay and an initial reaction of confusion.

"Huh?"

She mumbled sleepily, clearly still affected by the sudden awakening, her body and mind taking a few moments.

"Hurry up"

Came the familiar shout from her friend Samantha, making the reality of being awake sink in and kickstart her morning routine.

Amara acknowledged that she had never been someone who awoke in the morning, preferring to sleep in and savor the comforts of sleep. This realization prompted a slight chuckle as she imagined the scenario of having someone to forcibly awaken her from the morning slumber she had grown so accustomed to.

Amidst Samantha's loud protests, Amara managed a muffled reply of "Alright" before shifting her focus to getting herself ready for the day.

____________________

𝘈𝘮𝘢𝘳𝘢'𝘴 𝘱𝘰𝘷

"We'll certainly be late if we don't hurry up"

Samantha stated, her tone shifting to a lower whisper-level as she passed a sandwich across to her friend.

As there wasn't enough time to enjoy a peaceful meal, Samantha had wisely grabbed the timetable and a sandwich from the Great Hall so that they could have something in their stomachs before they started the all-important tutoring session.