vii. a day out

~imisha's pov~

"Imisha, try this one."

"No, this one!"

"Eww, you guys have such bad choices, have you never shopped before?"

"Sorry Tanmay bhaiya we don't shop from the ladies' section like you."

I pulled a small smile at that. We were at the mall shopping for my clothes even though I was perfectly fine and breathing in my old clothes.

"Imisha! Which one do you like more, mine or Ikshit's?" I looked at their dress choices, huh dress? Never. It's not that I didn't like dresses, it just made me uncomfortable.

I couldn't voice my thoughts so I just nodded at the one in Tanmay bhaiya's hand which was a white dress with pink strawberries and a satin bow. It was pretty but I didn't like it.

I would probably never wear half the clothes they had bought me. They bought every single item I put my eyes on.

I had to stop them from buying all the nail colors because I couldn't decide which one I wanted. Took a lot of convincing that one.

I was enjoying this newfound joy and comfort my brothers gave me but I couldn't wander out the negative thoughts. I decided to ignore them for now. I'm selfish I know, but who doesn't crave love and affection after not having it for practically their whole fucking life?

"Imisha, you go with Ahaan to the Apple store and get your electronics, we will go and order some food for eating, you must be tired sunshine." Kartik bhaiya said while lightly patting my head, I almost flinched but still I smiled at the nickname and nodded.

Kartik bhaiya came and crouched down to my level and my cheeks flushed red. Why did I have to be so short? My brothers were so tall I looked like a baby with them.

"Can you try and give me verbal responses, hm?" He asked.

"Yeah sure, sorry," I replied timidly. He smiled softly at me and patted my head. "It's okay sunshine don't apologize."

Ahaan seemed to be growing impatient and muttered, "C'mon, you're taking forever", while his gaze remained fixated on his phone. It appeared as though he had a neck injury, as he never lifted his head up. I couldn't help but chuckle at the thought. However, I realized it was a bad joke, and I should have refrained from making it.

He ignored me and I followed behind him like a lost puppy.

"Stay here, I will get you all the new devices and gadgets you need, do not leave or it won't end well got it?" Ahaan bhaiya spoke authoritatively. His aura was so strong, you would see him and run a mile away.

I mumbled a small okay since I was supposed to give 'verbal responses' from now on. I had no problem with that but I preferred nodding even if it pissed some people off. I guess it pissed Kartik bhaiya out since he was so adamant about it, but aren't all of them like that?

All of my brother's fucking scream authority, powerful and rich. Duh.

I sat down on one of the couches where Ahaan bhaiya told me to, patiently waiting for him.

I was thankful he decided to get the gadgets alone. I was so tired from all the shopping and I guess we still had to do more.

My ribs were screaming. I poked one of them yesterday and I think they got readjusted in a bad position, and man did it pain. I wanted to get medicines, but I couldn't in front of my brothers. I had to think of something because I was running out of pills.

I saw Ahaan bhaiya coming towards me with 4-5 bags with the apple logo on them, he walked towards me and gestured for me to get up.

I hastily got up and went out of the store and started following him. I had to practically run. He was walking normally but to match his large steps I had to walk briskly, he must have noticed that and he slowed down his pace.