{∘☼‹✧◦New Friends◦✧›☼∘}

(A/N: this takes place when the other critters were introduced to Crabby (I headcanon that CatNap and Crabby were the first critters :]))

{canon}

{∘☼‹✧◦-◦✧›☼∘}

Crabby was reading one of the books the scientists had given her, trying to soak up any info about the things outside of the PlayCare. She and CatNap had only been there for a few days and the scientists had been watching them like hawks on the side. But today there weren't as many up in the PlayCare. Crabby didn't care in all honesty, she just wanted to know what may lie outside of this prison she was in.

"Hello there!" She looked up hearing a sunny voice. And standing above her was an orange hound toy, made similar to her and CatNap, who was waving at her.

"Oh uh, hello?" She closed the book she was reading, she looked behind him to see six other toys similar to him but different animals and colors 'Wait, more of them? Why are there six more? And why did he come to me? Where are the scientists?' She looked around again, seeing a few scientists standing near with clipboards in hand.

"Uh, are you alright friend?" The dog asked, tilting his head at her and noticing the worried and confused expression on her face. She looked back at him before sighing and standing up.
"Yeah, yeah I'm fine. Uh, what's your name? I'm CrabbyCat." She stood next to him and he looked up at her.

"I'm DogDay! Nice to meet you!" The two started walking towards the other toys, "The others will introduce themselves once we get to them. Just be warned they are very excited to meet you and the other toy."
Crabby laughed despite her worry, "I'm sure it'll be fine." She replied with a shrug.

It was, in fact, very chaotic,

They were all apparently very excited to be in the PlayCare and wouldn't stop chattering and talking about other things. After DogDay got them all somewhat settled down the green rabbit exclaimed, "Hi! I'm Hoppy Hopscotch! What's your name?" she bounced up and down on her feet as she looked up at the cat. "Uh-"

"Hoppy! I wanted to introduce myself first!" The yellow chicken said as he pouted behind Hoppy.

"Oh calm down Kickin," Hoppy shot back, rolling her eyes. Crabby sighed and shook her head slightly, as the two bickered. The other toys were still being loud, either bickering or just talking to one another.

"Everyone please quiet down!" DogDay shouted, making them all hush up. "You can all introduce yourself, there's no need for bickering!" The other toys all muttered sorrys and Crabby chuckled. "Now, we should let her introduce herself first." DogDay gestured to Crabby as she rubbed the back of her neck.

"Uh, well, I'm CrabbyCat, but just Crabby or CC is fine I s'pose." She crossed her arms, still holding the book she had earlier.

"You already know my and Hoppy's names," DogDay started, "So who wants to go?" her asked as he looked over to the other toys,

"I will!" The chicken raised his hand while pushing himself up using Hoppy's shoulders as leverage. "I'm Kickin Chicken, the coolest guy in the group!" He pointed to his chest with his thumb as he spoke, the blue elephant then spoke up,

"I'm Bubba Bubaphant." he said simply.

"I'm Bobby Bearhug!" The red bear spoke up next to Bubba.

"I-I'm CraftyCorn," The white unicorn mumbled, looking down at her hoofs. Crabby waved at them all. "Well, it's nice to meet you all."

DogDay then looked around making Crabby turn to him, "You lookin' for something?" She asked, turning his attention back to her.

"The scientists said something about there being another cat with you." he answered,

"Oh, CatNap?" She asked. And right then CatNap appeared behind her.

"Crabby...who are they...?" he asked, making her turn her head towards him.

"Just some new guys, I think we're supposed to show them around?" She replied with a shrug,

"That's what the scientists said." DogDay said, Crabby nodded with a hum, "Well then, shall we start the tour?" She tilted her head at all of them as they nodded and voiced their opinions. She turned and started showing them around the place as CatNap followed as well.

{∘☼‹✧◦-◦✧›☼∘}

After the tour Crabby had left the group and returned to her reading. Her ear twitched as she heard someone walking towards her and she looked up to see CatNap. "Hey bud," She said, sitting up more as CatNap sat next to her. "What'd you think of the new guys?" she asked, putting her book down for a moment and looking over at CatNap.

"Loud..." He answered. She chuckled at that, "Yeah they definitely were enthusiastic, but they're not too bad." She replied and she leaned back against the tree she had been sitting against, closing her eyes. CatNap hummed with a small nod.

And after this, the nine all formed close friendships and life was pretty good, until...well you know what happened.

{∘☼‹✧◦-◦✧›☼∘}

A/N: And here's this chapter! Hope you enjoyed and have a good day/afternoon/night wherever you are!