Kill the Other Guy

The plan was to get to Siberia to stop the psycho doctor from awakening an army of winter soldiers that make Bucky look like a Care Bear. Yeah, no sweat. Easy Peasy. Except my dad is going to do everything he can to stop us, including recruiting. But we recruited too. Should be a good time - note sarcasm. It will be nice to see Clint again.

We pulled into a parking garage at a private airport in Berlin and parked beside a white van. This part of the parking garage was emptier than the others, which made for a discreet meeting spot.

When we got out, Wanda and Clint came out of the white van.

"Cap." Clint said, holding out his hand in greeting to give Steve a welcoming shake.

"You know I wouldn't have called if I had any other choice." Steve said.

"Hey, man, you're doing me a favour. Besides, I owe a debt." Clint said, nodded to Wanda who was coming up behind him.

"Did you miss me?" I asked, giving Clint a hug.

"You're the only reason I said yes," He said, giving me a hug. "Couldn't miss the opportunity at seeing Tony's face now that his prodigy is an enemy of the state."

Sighing, I gave Wanda a quick hug as well, "So you heard then?"

"Heard? It's all over the news. 'How the Mighty Have Fallen'." Clint said, using his hands to create an invisible banner about his head.

"Well, thanks for having our backs," Steve said to both Clint and Wanda.

"It was time to get off my ass," Wanda said, a small smirk breaking through.

"How about our other recruit?"

"He's raring to go." Clint replied, walking to the van's side door, sliding it open, "I'd put a little coffee in him but he should be good." The man was sleeping but startled awake when the door jerked to a stop. Sam said his name was Scott Lang.

He squinted and groaned as he got out of the van, "What time zone is this?"

Clint gestured for him to come over to us and when he realized who we were, I could see the awe take over.

"Captain America... Nellie Stark."

"Mr. Lang." Steve said formally and shook his hand.

"It's an honour... oh, I'm shaking your hand too long." And let go, before turning to me and giving my hand a quick shake, "Wow! This is awesome!"

"Nice to meet you." I offered a smile.

"I jeez..." Scott said, admiring Steve's physique. It was a little weird, but I didn't point it out, "I just gotta say... I know you know a lot of super people so... thinks for thanking of me." He shook his head, "Wait, sorry, that came out wrong."

"Don't worry about it. We're used to it." Steve said, giving me a fond smile.

I just scoffed in return and walked back towards the car. I haven't fumbled my words in a long time and barely do the rambling thing anymore. I walked around the car and stood next to Bucky, propping my crossed arms up on top of it to watch the rest of the exchange.

"He better be careful or I'll bring up his embarrassing moments to his new fanboy." I muttered as I crossed my arms. Bucky chuckled from beside me.

"Hey man!" Scott said to Sam, shooting him the finger guns.

"What's up, Tic Tac?"

"Uh... Good to see you." Scott said, "Look, what happened last time when I..."

Sam interrupted before Scott could finish his apology, "It was a great audition but it'll never happen again."

Bucky and I looked at each other and I mouthed 'audition?'. Audition for what? I suddenly wanted to know more but obviously Sam was hiding something, so I wasn't going to get it out of him. Scott on the other hand was a whole other story. He seemed very loose-lipped. Natasha would be so proud of me.