Chapter 47

Sorry for the shorter chapters but I can't write much about these chapter its paining me, I just want to write about their happy ever after and I've just been struggling, I can't write as well as I want to. 

:(

Enjoy 

******

She pulled her coat over her bump as she walked away from security. 

She was exhausted and she had forgotten just how big this airport was. 

Her eyes kept moving around looking for them. 

There was no way to contact them nor had he given her any specific place. 

She was beginning to worry now. 

What if he had lied?

What if this was a trap? 

Her dreaded thoughts came to surface, they were fucking her around. 

She felt her chest tighten with every step. 

She was still hopeful. 

Her steps hastened, as she caught sight of a boy with light brown hair, holding the hand of a big brawny man. 

This was it. 

This was her sign that she might live her happily ever after. 

She stumbled loosing her footing slightly, yet she didn't let that stop her. 

She needed to see her son. 

The little boy that looked up at her with such admiration. 

She desperately wanted to keep up her promise to him, but it might not be possible. 

So she wanted to lie to herself and the people around her, and pretend as if she didn't have an expiration date stamped on her. 

She was walking alongside them now, but due to the busyness of the airport, she couldn't make out if it was them. 

The man turned his head, probably feeling a gaze on him. 

It wasn't Xavier. 

Alayna's gaze moved around the airport again, tears building up, was there any point in hoping? 

Surely a prayer would have worked a thousand times better. 

She couldn't see them anywhere. 

She didn't know what to do. 

Her tightened chest and pregnancy making it hard for her to carry on. She desperately needed fresh air. 

Her eyes laid on the doors to exit the airport. 

She breathed in relief as she made it out. 

She found an empty bench, upon which she flopped on, leaning her head back and taking deep breaths. 

After giving herself time to think, she came to the conclusion that it was useless to stay here. She was going home, he had probably switched sides.

There was probably a new villain on the rise and it was most likely to be Xavier. 

As much as she wished to trust him, he was but a man.

A man. 

Male. 

God, when was she going to stop being fucked over by men? She thought, exasperated. 

Slowly, she made her way back into the airport, only to a bellow and a pair of feet running towards her.