[Cole] I bet snacks, homemade snacks

Doodle commissioned from @/Jenny_nounanibi on tiktok and @/Sunny_sunshine_jenny on Intagram! I have their special permission to use it in this chapter :)

-------

Cole and you are in sync with each other. You two do not hold back from challenging one another. Maybe you two share only one brain cell per moment and finish by making some mess of everything, but you two are a strong team. You can count on one another for anything, especially concluding bets. The pair of you run headfirst into all situations with "I dare you" and "Bet! You're on!" The team swears you two are worse than Kai sometimes, and you still have not decided if it is a good or a bad thing. Cole laughs it off, so you do too. After all, it is him and you, two peas in a pod.

A big difference, between both of you, is cooking: you do it often and mostly good, but Cole is truly awful. Of course, if the strong man makes you some pasta, that is burnt, you will eat and enjoy it anyway. You trust that his skills can, and will improve with time, even though you may have to grow some tea to help with indigestion as a home plant. Cole is important to you, so you do not fear getting sick for him. If that would come and be the case, you know you can count on him to be your knight in shining armour. 

Cole knows he is not the best at this "natural and humane task" as Jay calls it, but the truth is, even he does not know how he manages to be this bad at cooking. So, he uses his lack of skill as an excuse to assist you. The coy man knows that is one of the best ways to get food before the others. Sometimes, you even bake a cake. Then, he is the most thankful living being in the entire universe! Although his love for cake is infinite, he does not join you for your baking skills. Cooking with you is one of his favourite activities. It feels natural, and unforced. It is always fun to do it with you. Also, it reminds him that there is a life outside of being a ninja and training. He truly cherishes these domestic moments with you.

There is a saying that the way to a man's heart is filling his stomach. Well, for Cole, you fill his tummy with all kinds of deliciousness, his head full of good memories and his heart is full of you. You do not know that though, your friend still does not feel confident enough to ask you out, so in the meantime, he keeps annoying you with absurd bets.

"Cole, you suck at chess, why are we still playing? I can guess your entire play! It's boring" you sigh out loud, stroking your temples. Cole snickers at your words. He may not be the best at chess, but he noticed you always use the same moves. That makes it easy for him to create a strategy to counter your predictable play. The man smiles at this realization. 

"What if we bet something for the winner? Would that convince you for one last round?" Your friend asks teasingly. Under his playful appearance, he is smirking. This is where he would win the real chess game he is playing with you. There is something he wants from you. Right now, he is placing his move, moving the last pawn into place. Depending on your answer, he will successfully checkmate you with his whole plan. Cole taps his foot impatiently on the floor, waiting for your response. 

You smirk, wondering what he might want to offer, what Cole is hiding under his sleeve. Is there something you want from him? He stretches and puts his arms behind his back. Your eyes are distracted by his strong arms, no, by his strong demeanour. "Sure," you first answer, leaning back on your seat too. "What are we betting on?" you ask, sneering at him. 

"If I win, anything you cook, whenever you make it, wherever I am here or not, I want a portion of it," Cole says, leaning forward resting his elbow on his legs, putting his hands together. He looks vicious and proud of his part in the bet. You scoff at his demands.

"That's a big bet, pretty boy, you know I cook often," You are eyeing him suspiciously. Does he have a counteroffer? Or do you have to make up one on the spot? You can tell he thought thoroughly about this. Just what exactly is he planning?