Chapter 2~Stella

After giving my mother the avocados she wanted, I excused myself and went upstairs. I had to get ready for our guests; like it or not, they might be my new family. It's even disgusting to think that I would marry into a family that I don't even know, let alone do it.
I changed my clothes into a more dinner-like outfit. Unlike my previous bright dress, I was told to wear what my mother picked out—a long black dress that hugged my curves and ended mid-thigh. She also got me new red bottom heels.
I put on some gold jewelry, fixed my makeup and hair from today, and went downstairs.
Mother and Meg had already set the table up. Mom was passing by when she noticed me and stopped. She started slowly walking up to me and looking me up and down.
"Is everything okay, mom?" I was confused. "Yeah sweetie. Why are you asking?" She kept on staring at me like I was some sort of angel that fell from heaven.
"Why are you looking at me like that?" I mumbled. "You just look so good, sweetheart," she said with awe. "Even I can't take my eyes off of you. What would Romeo do?" She said it with a wink.
"Stop, mom; you know I don't like talking about it." She gripped me by the shoulder from behind. "Yeah, I know it's hard marrying someone you absolutely don't know, but I feel like everything will go as planned." She gave my shoulders one last squeeze before disappearing behind the corner.
I took a deep breath and walked into a my nightmare. There was my father, sitting on the couch, waiting impatiently for his guests.
"Finally, what took you so long?" He barked out. "Sorry, father," I said, looking down on the floor.
He sighed. "What's taking them so long? They should have been here 5 minutes ago," he said, looking at his watch, pissed. If I knew my father, he doesn't like when people are late.
"It's ok, Matias. They'll be here soon." My mother said calmly. My mother is always calm; I've never seen her mad or yelling. I still don't understand how she gets along with my father.
Suddenly, the doorbell rang. "I'll get it." Meg yelled out from the foyer. "Now's the time," my father said with a smile. We all walked to the foyer to greet our new guests. Meg opened the door widely, and there they were: the Russo family. In the middle was Romeo's father, Enzo Russo, the CEO of Russo's Diamonds. Next to him was standing a beautiful woman, Enzo's wife, Ágata Russo, a famous writer. Right behind them stood... It can't be. It was Lorenzo, the guy from the market. He looks more cleaned up. He was wearing a Brioni suit, and he was looking more handsome than before.
"Hello, Enzo." My father said as he shook Enzo's hand. "Good evening, Matias. We are really excited to be here," Enzo said with a warm smile. My father shook who I thought was Lorenzo's hand. "Good to see you again, Romeo." Lorenzo or Romeo—I am not even sure—said with a smile. "You too, sir." That wasn't his voice, but he looks exactly like Lorenzo. Am I going insane?
They walked inside the foyer, and my father began, "Welcome to our home. This is my wife Gabriella and my beautiful daughter Stella." I smiled at the guests while mom kissed Agata's cheek, and she did the same. Ágata came up to me and hugged me. "It is so nice to meet you, darling."
"It's nice to meet you too, Miss," I said without a sincere smile. "Oh, darling, don't call me Miss; you can just call me by my name," she said, pulling back from a long hug. We stayed in an awkward silence when Enzo broke it. "This is my son, Romeo." He said, looking proud, "He's the next CEO after me; I can't and won't let my other son be the CEO; he's thinking too much like a child."
Lorenzo, or, I should say, Romeo, looked at me with a wide smile, pretending we didn't bump into each other three hours ago. He held out his hand, and I put mine in his. He pulled my hand closer to his mouth while keeping eye contact. His lips touched the back of my hand in a light kiss, then he let go of my hand. I didn't feel the spark with him like I did with Lorenzo; maybe it really isn't him, and I am just going crazy.
"Let's not just stand here; come on in, or the food will get cold." My mother said, showing the way to the dining room. I followed my mom, while my father and the guests followed us. "Meg, darling, you can now bring in the food." Mom said to Meg. She left quietly while we started to sit. My father sat at the head of the table, my mom to his right, and me next to my mother. The Russo family sat across from us. Ágata is sitting right in front of me.
Meg brought out the food and settled it on the table. She made my favorite, baked salmon with pistachios and honey. "Thank you, Meg," I whispered to her before she pulled back. She gave me a nod with a smile.
We all started eating, my father and Enzo talking about their business stuff, my mother and Ágata talking about the new up coming NYFW, while me and Romeo stayed silent.
After what felt like an eternity, they left. I helped my mother and Meg clean up before heading upstairs. When I was going upstairs, my father called out to me from his office. I took a deep breath and went to his office. I knocked and waited for the 'come in' before walking in. He gestured for me to sit in front of his large, dark brown desk. He had a huge bookshelf behind his chair, and I can guarantee that he never opened any of those books at least once in his life. I have my own library in my room, and I love collecting and reading books. I sat down, and he began. "So? What do you think about him?" He said putting his elbows on the desk. I was surprised that he was asking me about my opinion. He had never done that before. "Well, they're a nice, sweet family, I guess," I said. "Hmm, that's good that you liked them, because in a week they are going to be your new family." He said it like it wasn't something to even worry about. "But father, that's too fast, and we won't be able to finish the preparations in a week. How can we-" "Shut up, you child. You know how much I hate it when you babble. Everything will be ready; you won't even lift a finger." I couldn't believe it. It's like he was giving away a fish; it doesn't even matter. "Now go on, child; I don't have time. Early in the morning, you'll start the wedding preparations with your mother and Meg." I knew I couldn't argue with him, so all I could do was agree with him. "Yes, father."