Chapter 4~ Stella

Today I had a day off. By a day off, I mean I didn't have any chores left to do. So I got ready to go to the beach that I really love. I haven't been at the beach for a while because of my home tasks.
I decided to stop by Carlos to get some fruits before I went.
I parked my car and gathered my belongings. I'll walk there afterwards. Walking in, I saw Carlos looking for something. He didn't notice that I walked in.
"Hey, Carlos," I announced. He stood up straight and blew out a breath. "You scared me there," he said.
I picked up a couple of fruits while giggling. "What are you looking for? Maybe I can help." I offered, putting down the fruits I had gathered on the counter.
"Actually, yeah, you can help," he said with a smile. A smile that I know doesn't mean anything good. "With what? You're scaring me now, Carlos." I said it with nervous laughter.
"No, no. It's nothing bad," he started while weighing the fruits. "It's just.."
"Just say it, Carlos." I was getting too nervous. "There's a guy looking for you." Carlos said. "What guy?" I was confused: who would look for me at a market that neither of my family nor friends know? Was it my father? Did he find out that I came here?
"Remember the tall, handsome guy you bumped into? Yeah, him." He said it with a smile.
What? No, it can't be. Lorenzos is not looking for me. Why would he?
"And how do you know that, Carlos?" I asked. "Well, he came and asked if I knew you and if I had your number, but I didn't. That's what I was looking for." He said it with a sigh. Then I heard a familiar voice.
"Long time, no see. I was looking for you, Stella." Lorenzo said behind me. I could almost feel him right behind me.
I looked at Carlos for any hints, but all I got was a side smile. Thanks a lot, Carlos. I turned to face him, just the way I remembered him. When we bumped into each other, it was almost a week ago. Today was supposed to be my wedding day, but it got delayed to next month because Romeo and his father had business to get to in Boston. My father was furious, but all he could do was agree with them about the delay. He would rather it be delayed than off.
"Hey," it came out more as a whisper than I would prefer. "Hi, Stella," he said with the sweetest smile. Then we just stood there in silence until I broke it off.
"Soo, why were you looking for me?" I said I was gathering my fruits from the counter. I wanted to pay when Lorenzo had already swiped his card. "I just wanted to see you," he said, not looking up from the terminal.
I said thank you to Carlos and rushed out of the market. He came right after me. "That was really sweet of you, but you shouldn't have." I said when he got to me.
"I know, but I wanted to."
"You wanted to see me; you saw me, but now I have to go." I said, while fast-walking to my car.
"Wait!" he yelled out after me. I tried to get into my car, but he took my wrist softly.
"Please, wait. I want to talk, but preferably not here." He let go of my hand, and I turned around to look at his handsome face.
"Okay, lead the way then." I said, crossing my arms.
"Follow me," he said with a smirk.