"So, How Was It?"

The morning after, I shoot up like a rocket out of my bed, actually happy to wake up for once. Happy to see Francis. I'm head over heels, aren't I? Is this what it feels like to be in love? Well, don't go that far. Maybe slight crush.

I never even cleaned up my room the previous night. I was overly ecstatic about our interactions that I completely forgot as soon as I entered. I had taken a steamy shower and gone to bed with a big smile on my face.

Now i'm up for work. Usually I would be seething with annoyance from waking up earlier and having to get used to such an early schedule, but I'm just too happy with my life. It's a weird feeling.

I take a moment to enjoy the little things; I peek out of my window blinds and look at the copy cat brick buildings lining the street. The old and worn down New York sidewalks lay confident after so many years of constant use. Trees are sectioned off every few feet — probably for a conservation effort. Red, orange and brown leaves line and cover the streets.

There is so much color in this world. Why don't I get out more? Oh, wait. Those stupid Doppelgängers that started appearing when I was 10. God, I hate them. They really did ruin my life. But, wait, if those things didn't exist then I might've never met Francis. Hm. Still don't like them.

Is he even interested in me? What if he's just giving me mixed signals? Oh, I don't have time to think about this. I have a job to get ready for. I take my fingers separating the blinds out and head to my door.

Opening the door, I stick my head out and look at the clock down the hallway above my sofa.

6:12. Easy. Way more than enough time. Enough time to listen to some music, right? I go to my record player by my bed and play my favorite; I'll Cry If I Want To by Lesly Gore. I place the record stylus carefully on a random spot on the disk and let it play.

The upbeat sound of the beginning of Cry Me A River starts to play and the melodic intro seems to bounce around the room. I placed the needle in the perfect spot, didn't I?

I run around and get myself ready for the long day I have ahead of me. I dress in a lilac colored dress with a matching collar and white buttons lining the left side chest and torso.

Well you can cry me a river.. I hum along with the lyrics, not really comprehending the meaning behind the song. I'm just here to listen, not understand.

I leave my hair loose, falling neatly around my shoulders with little product needed to add to it. The finishing touch will be a fastened hairband covering the front end of my hair. The pearly white and silky texture adds one of the last details to the outfit.

The song is nearing its end and seeing as i'm leaving my room, I carefully pick up the record needle and place it in its holder. The music stops abruptly with a slight scratchy sound. I really hope I didn't just leave marks on it. To the left is an old newspaper from a few years ago with a bold headline stating the Doppelgängers are found to be a hive mind. Yeah, whatever. I decide to leave it there for now and throw it out later when I get back.

No time to worry though, as I have to head out of the door soon. Walking down the hallway, I brush up against the doorframe of the bathroom and enter. I brush my teeth, readjust my hair if needed, and admire myself. I really have been outdoing myself, haven't I?

I do need to clean up my bathroom, though. It's not messy in the sense that there is putrid garbage with old toiletries rotting scattered across the floor, more like cluttered; a maximalist style. I've been trying to get better about that stuff, but just no motivation, you know? You woulda thought that being home alone for so long would warrant a tidy house, but not really.