❥ Chapter 4 ~ Proposal

It was 2 am when Arohi woke up from sleep. She had dozed off on the sofa while waiting for Rehaan.

She checked the time and got up. She went to drink a glass of water and then went to Rehaan’s room. She was disappointed to see him absent. "Where did he go? Is he upset with me?"

She tried calling his phone and was glad when it started ringing. "Please pick up…"

The call got cut, making Arohi disappointed. A text message popped up on her phone from Rehaan. She checked it and tears fell down her eyes when she finished reading it.

Arohi, it was a mistake to fall for you. After what I saw today, I thought hard about it and now I came to the conclusion that you’re not meant for me. You’re a nice girl but I cannot have a girl who let herself be touched by another woman. I thought you genuinely liked me, but I was wrong. In fact I think the girl I’m with right now, is much better than you. I’m sorry to say but this is the end of us. Good bye.

Arohi shook her head in disbelief and felt tears stream down her eyes. "No…"

Another message popped up

You can live in my house for as long as you want but I’m not coming back there and seeing your pathetic face. You’re a typical cry baby who will fake tears just to get a rich man like me. Nevertheless, if you have any self respect left, get out of my house and my life!

Arohi dropped the phone on the ground and palmed her face with her hands as she cried her heart out. She didn’t know what hurt her. Was it the way Rehaan was talking to her? Or the way he was criticizing her? Or the way he was comparing her to another girl he was with currently?

"Why? Rehaan… Why?" 

She cried some more and dropped on the ground.

✿✿✿

Deep smiled as he saw the blue ticks on the messages he sent to Arohi from Rehaan’s phone. He knew she had read them and he could imagine her crying.

"I’m sorry Arohi, but this is the best way to end your story with Rehaan."

He smirked as he sipped wine from his glass.