Chapter 3

The intruder was in my room when my phone buzzed, I was praying to God that they didn't hear or feel the vibration. I quickly go to read the text when I heard the floor creak as they get ready to look under the bed.

Right as I see their hand, my heart begins to beat out of my chest. When BAM, my front door gets kicked in and the intruder runs and leaps back out the window they shattered to get in. "ANNA! WHERE ARE YOU?!?" Jackson yelled across the room.

I could barely get a word out, or even move on that matter. I just layed still under my bed which worried Jackson since he has no idea where I am. "ANNA! DAMN IT!" Jackson yelled. I finally got my breath back and in a shakey voice I said "Under the bed..."

Jackson barely heard me and ran into the room. "Thank god." He pulled me out of under the bed and picked me up and set me on the bed.

A week after the incident, Detective Jackson suggested I move with family. So I won't be home alone, John's twin brother Alex offered to have me live with him. I haven't seen him since John's funeral 4 years ago.

"Well everything is all set, so how long will you be staying?" Alex asked.
"Just until the case is over." I replied back to him with a sigh. I hate the idea of adding someone else into danger, but I can't live alone and risk being killed or worse.

Alex left to go make supper. I never realized how much he looks like John. I know they are twins, but I always thought there was some difference in their faces.

I was too lost in thought to notice Alex has set food infront of me. "Anna, you better eat. John would be mad at me if I didn't make you eat something." He said with a sad smile.

I didn't want to worry him anymore, so I started eating and I felt alittle better. "I am just going to head to bed, if that's alright? "
"Oh sure. I understand." Alex said. After that I left and it was awkward for awhile. I never noticed how Alex acted almost just like John. The way he talked and moved. I felt weird observing him, but something just felt odd. That could just be me though.

Tomorrow is the next private meeting with detective Jackson.