Chapter 5

"Wake up." I heard a voice call to me.

"Anna? Are you awake?" Said the voice calling to me.

I was to scared to open my eyes and see who it was. I feel a bit drowsy and foggy. I can't even think right now, a bit absent minded. After a bit of laying around trying to clear my mind. I forced my eyes open.

"Anna?" Alex was standing there, looking at me. "Thank god, you're awake."

"Where... am I?" I asked in a hoarse voice while rubbing my eyes.

"A hospital... Now... what the hell were you thinking? I decided to check on you before bed because you seemed off and a bit short, but I didn't expect you to try and kill yourself!" He was practically yelling at me.

"I'm....." I didn't even have time to finish apologizing before he started in again.

"Think of what John would be doing right now, if he were alive. To find his wife half dead in the bath tub... he would have felt like a failure, a husband who drove his wife to suicide." He kept going on. "I feel its my job to make sure my late sister in law is okay and well now."

"NO! I AM A GROWN WOMAN AND I DO NOT NEED A BABYSITTER!" I was pissed. He insisted on watching me now.

"Are you stupid? You tried to kill yourself!" He threw back.

He had a point, but that doesn't stop me from arguing. "To keep you and everyone I know safe from the guy who busted into my apartment!"

Alex stayed silent and stormed out, and didn't return the whole time I stayed in the hospital. They kept me there for two weeks until they felt I was ready to return to the world.

I walk back to Alex's house where I have been staying, but when I got there. He wasn't home which was odd. He is a writers. So he usually works at home. He wasn't very social of a person unless to family and old school friends. I just assumed he went to visit Eleanor, John's and his mother.

She was a very sweet elderly woman and I used to visit her all the time until recently. She was the one who sent me flowers when I assumed it was Alex who told her the news. I couldn't imagine the hurt look on her face, so I head to the shower and crawl into bed.

4 hours later. 12 A.M.

I heard the door unlock and loud foot coming through the door.

"So she is staying here?" A male voice echoed through.

"Yeah.... she should be asleep though. They called me and let me know she left the hospital today." Alex's voice replied.

"Remember to give me every update there is about her. When, where, and who she is with." The man said.

"I have for the last 4 years." Alex said.

" Oh I know." The man said and sounding as if he was leaving.

I felt the urge to text Jackson about this. Just in case something happened to me that at least he will know. He came out of the hospital a few days ago. I hate to bug him during recovery but this is crazy! Alex is helping them stalk me!

John's own brother involved with his death! Who would of guessed! I was furious, but I can't let him know that I know. So as I go to send the text, I hear foot steps coming my way. I quickly leaped into the covers and steady my breathing and close my eyes.

My bedroom door opens and I hear footsteps calmy coming at me.

"Oh Anna? Are you awake? " a calm soothing voice that sounds like John is calling to me. I almost want to reply but I know its not John!

"Good she is asleep." He says and starts stroking my hair and caressing my face. He was lovingly touching me. I can't hit him or give him any sign of me being awake. He could kill me or something.

I am scared. How long has he been doing this to me when I sleep? I feel a kiss on my cheek. "Good night Anna." With that. He left.

I waited 5 minutes before sending a text Detective Jackson explaining everything. I didn't sleep the rest of the night. I am leaving tomorrow.