Chapter 6

I called Detective Jackson first thing in the morning. He asked first if I was just having a dream. I explained to him I was wide away and everything. It took him a bit to believe Alex was being weird and creepy to me in my sleep, but he agreed to meet me about it and discuss a moving plan.

After I got home, I started packing some thing which wasn't a lot. I only brought some clothing and a tooth brush in the first place and left a note saying I will be visiting some family and ran to Jackson's office.

"Did you leave the note explaining you are visiting family, but didn't state who for their safety?" Jackson asked seriously. I just nodded in reply.

"Okay. I have a place for you to be hidden and stay low for awhile. If Alex is working with your stalker and husband's killer. We should get rid of your cellphone and shut down your social media. Any link to where your location is." Jackson said. All I could do is nod because this was crazy. My late brother in law is linked to my husband's death....

*3 weeks later*

I am sitting in a battered women's shelter. Jackson said it's where a lot of women go when they have abusive husbands. He gave me a fake name and a cover story. I also had my hair dyed blonde and cut short. I also have to wear baggy clothes to hide my body shape and I am not allowed to wear make up. Jackson says it's to keep my identity hidden.

I feel so confused and lost. My life is basically being taken away from me again. I don't know who to trust anymore. I lost weight from all the stress I am under. I don't eat more than a bowl of soup a day and 3 cups of water. I don't sleep nor do I even talk to the other women here. I'm afraid they work with the man who is after me.

My fake name is Amy Daniel. My fake background is that I am a house wife whose husband was an alcoholic and he came home drunk and beat her. Thats it. Short and simple Jackson stated. Thats enough for anyone who asks because that's almost how it always goes.

*2 months later*

Jackson came by and visited. It turns out Alex moved and no one heard from him nor can they track where he went. This basically confirms he may be part of the team working with my stalker. Thats all he could tell me and he also plans to move me to another location in case Alex moved because he found where I am hidden.

-Detective Jackson's View-

Anna has been at the battered women's shelter for a little over 2 months now. Which is good to know she is safe there.

"Detective, the crew came back. Alex Anderson apparently just got up and left. Neighbor's claimed they haven't seen him in a little over a month now. He hasn't paid any of his bills either since his disappearance." Said Amber. She's my secretary and my sister.

"Thanks for my information, Amber. Please FAX that to the police station. Captain might like to know." I asked. I usually don't like to involve the police with my cases, but Anna is in danger and I shouldn't let my pride get in the way.

"Right away." Amber replied and with that she left.

After work, I head down to discuss my plan of action and the deal with Alex to Anna.

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN ALEX JUST VANISHED?!? SHOULDN'T YOU HAVE BEEN WATCHING HIS EVERY MOVE AND SHOULD OF KNOWN HE JUST LEFT OUT OF KNOW WHERE A MONTH AGO?!?!" Anna screamed at me.

"If you want to throw a fit and lecture, go to the police all of this is their job. Not mine." I explained. Anna seemed to nod and calmed down after I said that. She seemed a lot thinner than before and she had dark rings around her eyes. I should probably get her in a more relaxed environment.

"You alright detective?" Anna asked.

"I should be asking you that. You haven't been eating nor sleeping. I can tell." I stated and Anna fell silent. "I will be moving you to a new location in case Alex found out where you are. You will be leaving in three days. Please have everything ready. I will be back. Please get some rest" and with that I left.