Chapter 3

Despite the deviation from the intended plan, the situation was effectively managed. Ethan, acting on behalf of his father, promptly arranged for a nurse to provide medical attention to Chris. The nurse diligently cared for Chris until his condition stabilized sufficiently to engage in conversation. Upon regaining consciousness, Chris experienced confusion upon observing Ethan and Malcolm in the presence of Nathan. He had presumed that they had successfully escaped and sought assistance. Ethan took the initiative to introduce himself and his associates, emphasizing their previous formed alliance. Chris found himself at a loss for words in response to this revelation. It became apparent to Chris that Ethan planned every aspect of their operation, with the exception of Nathan's impulsive actions. Chris harbored resentment towards him for the consequences of his reckless behavior. Ethan informed Chris that he had already taken the necessary steps to cover all medical expenses and the cost of any property damage incurred by Nathan. He expressed sincere apologies for the actions of his associate.

Nathan demonstrated a complete lack of empathy and consideration for the individuals he affected negatively. This further exacerbated the already existing animosity that Chris held towards Nathan. Ethan attempted to form an alliance with hum, but due to the intense rivalry between Chris and Nathan, it would be highly improbable to successfully persuade Chris to join Ethan's group. In his final attempt to persuade Chris, Ethan introduced the subject of Raymond, Chris' sibling. Ethan was unaware of their past, but it effectively piqued Chris' interest in the possibility of reconnecting with his brother. Separated at birth, all Chris possessed of his brother was a photograph, a tangible reminder of his sibling's existence. Malcolm empathized with Chris' aspiration to reunite with his brother, as he shared a similar sentiment when he departed from his own home. Alex evoked memories of Malcolm's younger sister, and like Chris and his brother, Malcolm had been separated from his sister. In the event that meeting Raymond for the first time was a prerequisite, Chris did not object to associating himself with Nathan. Chris subsequently clarified to Ethan that he was unable to simply abandon his residence due to obligations such as school and employment. Ethan responded, informing him he could resolve Chris' financial concerns. However, Ethan acknowledged that Chris' educational situation presented a challenge that required further consideration and resolution.

Chris was concurrently enrolled in both online and in-person classes, which posed logistical challenges for his travel plans with Ethan. Consequently, Malcolm and Nathan remained with Ethan while he stayed with Chris. Meanwhile, Owen was collaborating with Alex under the directives provided by Ethan. Prior to Ethan's departure to gather intelligence on Chris, he had assigned Owen and Alex the task of uncovering his father's clandestine plans. While Alex engaged in surveillance, Owen employed his expertise to breach the security systems. It became evident that Ethan's father was orchestrating a covert agenda unbeknownst to his son. Despite the uncertainty surrounding the nature of these plans, Ethan placed unwavering trust in his subordinates to uncover the truth. Alex and Owen successfully obtained crucial information regarding Ethan's father's activities. It has come to light that he has been financially benefiting from the research and acquisition of "modern mutants" through his research team. In addition to Ethan and the "modern mutants" in his possession, there is evidence suggesting that Ethan's father has engaged in the illicit sale of individuals to various countries, forcibly taking them against their will.

It was challenging to remain indifferent to this situation, and Alex found it difficult to suppress her emotions regarding the matter. Owen discovered multiple financial transactions between Ethan's father and foreign nations. He anticipated that this could potentially be their destiny at some point in time. Alex expressed concern for Malcolm's well-being, as he was currently absent. Owen attempted to contact Ethan, but his call was unsuccessful. He subsequently tried to reach his brother Nathan, but once again, his call failed to connect. Until Ethan and his colleagues returned, Owen and Alex withheld their findings. Simultaneously, Raymond discovered a trailer containing "modern mutants." Its original destination was altered by Raymond. This was merely one of numerous trailers on a global scale. Upon interrogating the drivers, Raymond also gained knowledge of Ethan's father's actions. This led Raymond to question Ethan's father's intentions for his son, Ethan. Before his departure, he recalled Ethan's mission to locate Raymond's younger brother. With the information he currently has regarding Ethan's father, Raymond will need to accompany Ethan once more. The safety of both Ethan and Chris is at risk.