Don't Let The Bear Bite

Kyoko watched as she saw Byakuya and Kuwata leave, almost unconsciously watching their movements. It was something she had done ever since she was a young child, she had learned it from her grandfather.

"So, uh, are we gonna start investigating?" Hagakure asked, scratching the top of his head.

"That's why we're here, isn't it?" Kyoko asked, already moving to the blood in the middle of the room. While she didn't necessarily think that there were any clues there, she wanted to make sure that it was the case.

Maizono let out a small laugh at that. "It sure is! Let's start now so we have a head start on Kuwata and Togami!"

"This isn't a race," Kyoko reprimanded, though she let a small smile appear on her face. She crouched down next to the blood, seeing a few stray hairs covered in the liquid and some that weren't.

"But we sure can make it one!" Maizono responded. Kyoko could see her walking towards one of the many destroyed computers and crouching down next to it, trying to turn it on to no avail.

"I'm in, du...dettes," Hagakure agreed before almost tripping over a cable as he too walked towards one of the destroyed computers.

"If that makes you actually investigate for once..." Kyoko relented, turning back to the blood on the ground as Hagakure let out a cry.

"Come on, Kiri! I investigate all the time with you guys. I just... have worse luck finding evidence," Hagakure defended himself which made Kyoko merely shake her head in response.

Maizono said something after that with a giggle, though Kyoko wasn't really listening anymore. She had a job to do after all...

Kyoko picked up one of the hairs that weren't covered in blood. It was light brown and presumably came from... Grindel. Even through her gloves, Kyoko could feel that it was much stronger than any regular fur, probably so it wouldn't fall out during the attacks.

Kyoko had deduced by now that the bear was in no way real. To most people that was obvious, but unfortunately her team members didn't fit in that category, though all for different reasons. So, someone like Hagakure or maybe even Kuwata might just believe that the bear was real.

Her father would probably say that too, though the chance of him actually believing that was on the lower side.

Not that it mattered for now. The most important thing was figuring out who was behind the mask and why.

The why seemed to be the easier question since all the attacks had one thing in common: every time the equipment, most importantly the computers, were destroyed. For some reason whoever was behind this wanted to hurt the company, not any specific person.

Kyoko stood up from the small puddle of blood and scanned the room. Maizono and Hagakure were both looking at the destroyed computers, so it wouldn't make sense for her to start looking there as well.

So, she walked to the door that led to the rest of the floor. The layout of the building was quite weird, at least if the other floors were the same as this one.

There was first a small hallway leading to an office and the rest of the floor. Though, if they work with extremely sensitive information, it would make sense for the offices to be a bit more private.

The rest of the floor was much more open, with only a few walls separating the different areas.

Before going to investigate the floor, Kyoko turned on the lights in the floor so she could actually see something.

Now, with the lights on, she could see that it wasn't just the office that was attacked. While the damage was significantly less, it was still quite obvious that something had taken place here.