Join The Party!

Five days until the party

Tick.

Tock.

Tick.

Tock.

That was the only sound heard in Byakuya's room, other than his own breathing and the sound from pen on paper.

He was currently working on some paperwork- as usual. Despite most definitely being more than capable of real work, Father preferred to only give him paperwork.

He most likely didn't want to do that himself. Not that he could blame his father- it truly was boring work.

It was, at the very least, better than working on that history project with Fujisaki. They had met up four times now and still weren't done. Luckily, it would most likely only take one more meeting and then they'd be done.

Which was good since Byakuya was quite sure he was going to throw up if he had to listen to that stuttering mess another few times.

Fujisaki may be smart, but he's the definition of a softy. And now in a good way.

Shoving that thought away for now, Byakuya went back to work.

It didn't take long for him to get interrupted.

At first, he didn't notice it- the paperwork was quite mind numbing and he had entered the 'zone' as some people called it. But, after a few moments he heard the slight buzzing of his phone.

The soft sound made him snap away from his work and without looking at the number, he picked up the phone.

'Hello. With Byakuya Togami," He greeted, his voice professional.

"Sup, Togami!" The cheerful voice of Kuwata came from the other side.

Byakuya sighed, all of the professionalism leaving his voice and instead being replaced by annoyance. "What is it, Kuwata?"

There was a slight pause before Kuwata responded- Byakuya could vaguely hear two voices in the background conversing.

"Um... I kinda have a favour to ask of ya..." The baseballer responded, hesitation clear in his voice that Byakuya could hear even over the phone.

A favour?

It would probably be something stupid, considering who was asking it. But it would also be more entertaining than the paperwork in front of him, that was obvious.

"I'm listening," Byakuya said, shifting his phone to his right hand as he began cleaning up his desk a bit. He didn't like to leave things messy, they had to be neat- his version of neat at first.

"Well, you know how Sayaka's party is in, like, five days?" Kuwata asked, continuing before the heir even had a chance to answer. "Well, I really wanna make a good impression on her parents and stuff... and was wondering if you could maybe help me...?"

Byakuya hummed, "And what exactly do you need help with?"

"Um, just etiquette and stuff. Rich people shit, ya know?" The redhead explained, and Byakuya could hear him shrugging over the phone.

Byakuya paused before giving his answer- he needed to think first.

It was Saturday now, but he still needed to plan everything, so that would mean he would help Kuwata out on Sunday.

Maizono's party itself was on Thursday- there wasn't school that day because of some stupid town holiday- though that didn't mean much.

The blonde grabbed a pen and began to write a few things down. "Come to my house tomorrow after lunch, I'll have time then."