Goop and Discoveries

A few days later

"I'm still surprised you actually agreed to this," Sayaka whispered, making sure that Mr. Fruitmeirs couldn't hear them.

"While this isn't my preferred attire," Kyoko began, gesturing to the bright green dress and white and green heels they both were wearing, "I will do whatever needs to be done to solve a mystery."

Sayaka giggled in response, "I know that, but still. You never wear dresses, even though you look so cute in them!" That was true and Sayaka knew it. It was already a miracle that Kyoko wore skirts since the other girl much preferred pants.

The lavender-haired girl rolled her eyes- a rare display of emotion that only a few were ever able to see- but didn't react further as Franklin Fruitmeir just walked by.

"Good night, ladies! Don't forget to lock up," The clown-like man said, walking out of Fruitmeir's with a wave. Sayaka waved back.

"Goodnight Mr. Fruitmeir!" She said with a smile before getting back to 'work'.

After a few minutes of 'working'- both Sayaka and Kyoko mostly just looked out of the window, making sure Franklin was gone- the rest of their group arrived.

The moment Togami entered the building he began looking around. "Alright. Let's split up. See if you can find anything that ties Franklin Fruitmeir to the slime mutant," He said, his voice cold and commanding.

"Got it, boss!" Leon said with a big grin, fake saluting the other boy. The blue-haired girl tried- and failed- to stifle a giggle at that.

She wasn't the only one who found Leon funny- Hagakure too let out a laugh, though he was quickly silenced by Togami's fierce glare.

Without another word- or laugh- the group began looking around. Since it was Sayaka's and Kyoko's first- and last- day, they hadn't had a chance to really look around before.

As the group explored, Sayaka went to one of the doors, but as she tried to open it, she couldn't. It was locked.

"Hmm... Must be a key around here somewhere," She muttered, beginning to walk away from the door. In the corner of her eye, she saw Kyoko open some cabinets, though from the look on her face she didn't find anything useful yet.

Didn't Mr. Fruitmeir have one place where he stored all of the keys?

Sayaka vaguely remembered Mr. Fruitmeir telling her something along the lines of that. Now she just needed to find out where that was. Her first guess was the staff room.

So, the blue-haired girl swiftly made her way towards the staff room which luckily was still unlocked. And in there, was a small cabinet full of keys.

She was right!

With a smile on her face, she looked through the cabinet until she found the keys she was looking for. As soon as she had done that, she walked back to the locked door. However, this time it was open.

Sayaka furrowed her eyebrows in confusion. "That's strange... This closet was locked a minute ago..." She muttered, looking inside the closet for any signs of how it could've opened.

However, that soon proved to be a mistake.

As soon as she stepped forward- into the closet- the door closed behind her with a loud thunk.

Involuntarily, Sayaka let out a shriek. "Hey, what gives?!" She tried to open the door, but it wouldn't budge. "Someone, help! Leon! Let me out!"

"Sayaka? That's you? Hold on, okay? We'll get ya out!" A familiar voice- Leon!- said from the other side of the door.