Surviving (Part 1: discovering)

as i got up for another day of school i could hear my mom screaming at me to wake up. i just got up to my alarm and already she's screaming at me.

"geez" i say under my breathe. she's always like this. i get dressed and go down stairs. i see my dad and already he's drinking. when he drinks he gets mean so i try my best not to make him mad.

"Emily!" my dad screams when he's only 5 feet away from me.

"yes dad" i say quietly.

"do you think i'm a terrible father?" oh great. i hate when he asks me that because of i say "no" then he goes on about how he is and then he gets mad at me because then ill miss my bus but then if i say "yes" then he gets mad and i got to school with a bruise on my arm. there's a knock on on the door and i go and open it. thank god i was saved. its jake. my best friend since kindergarden.

"hey Em. you ready for school." he says sarcastically.

i give him a glare "yep you know it." i say sarcastically back. we both laugh and i go and grab my bag and walk out the door.

thanks for coming to my rescue once again." i say to him as we make it to the sidewalk.

"what did i save you from? your dad?" i nod my head.

"he asked me that question again and i didn't know what to say but then you knocked on the door. so thank you so much." we both smile at one another as we make it to our bus stop. i hear some people walking behind us and its Ashley, Kara, and Alyssa. or as i like to call them "the prissy ones" they like making fun of me because of what i like to wear and what i do for a living and they dont even know me thats the weird part. i hear them talking about me like always. man i wish that they would just leave me alone and go away. as the bus comes, jake and i go to our usual spot in the back where there's no one. jake and i talk about sports teams and it goes by fast. as we get to school jake and i go our separate ways to go to our classes. im not ready for today.