Confused

I wake up and something seems different. Not a good different either. I was in a different place. I looked around the place and it seemed that I was in a cell and my hand was handcuffed to the bed. I can hear people talking but I'm too scared to talk.

"Where am i? Why am I chained?" I think to myself. I hear footsteps coming toward me and I can feel my heart beating out of my chest as each step comes closer to where I am. A boy that I saw in my house comes into my "cell" and we just look at each other.

"You're awake." He says. I nod my head as he walks out of the room. A man comes into my cell and he looks like a cop. He walks over to me and takes off my handcuffs.

"I'm rick. What's your name?" he says.

"Emily." I say back as I sit up. Rick puts his hand by his gun.

"Don't worry I don't hurt you." I say to him and laugh.

"I'm just trying to protect my group." He says.

"There's more of you?"

"Yeah. Were you where you were by yourself?" I nod my head.

"You were alone for that long?"

"It's only been a week."

"No. it's been almost a year." I open my eyes in shock.

Its-It's been a year?" I ask.

"Yeah my boy Carl found you asleep in that house you were in and if it wasn't for him you wouldn't be here." I look over and see Carl walk into the cell.

"He saved me? But the last I remember I was walking up those stairs and I saw him but then it went black."

"Well that never happened. When I came up the stairs I saw you lying on the floor asleep and I thought you were one of them and I almost put a bullet in your head. But Carl talked me into not doing so." I just look at Carl.

"How many walkers have you killed?"
"Walkers?"

"Those things? We call them walkers."

"Oh. None"

"How many people have you killed?"

"None."

"Why?"

"I apparently have been asleep and I've never encountered to do so."

"Would you want to stay here?" I nod my head and smile.

"Alright well carl will show you around and meet everyone. "

"Thanks rick." He nods his head and walks out of the cell. I stand up and stretch.

"Ready to meet everyone?" Carl asks. I nod my head and follow him out of the cell.