-New beginning-

(Just FYI, I'm struggling so hard with the chapter names, so 99% of the time, they have nothing to do with the actual story, mb lmao)

Peridots pov-

I slowly woke up, then stretched for a second and got a huge wave of happiness as I stared at the wall for a bit. *I now have a fresh start, a new chapter in my life* I thought to myself. *I have a girlfriend!* When that last thought rushed through my mind, I couldn't help but smile at the thought of it.

-17 minutes later -

(Peridots pov still, btw)

I finally get up out of bed, and I wear a light green t-shirt that has an alien on it with some ripped Jean shorts. After I got dressed, i heard movement coming from Lapis's bed. I then looked over there and saw her waking up. "Finally," I said as I chuckled. "Shut up.." Lapis said in a tired voice. "Cmon, we are gonna go shopping! I wanna go now, so we still have time to actually go into the water this time!!" I said as I smiled

After a few extra minutes of lapis sleeping, she finally got up and got dressed. "Ready?" I said, smiling at lapis. "Hold up, I gotta fix my hair," Lapis said as she walked towards the bathroom door. "Alright, I'll be in the kitchen,"

I went to the kitchen but nobody was in there, I looked around and saw everyone was in the living rook instead. "Hey guys," I said, smiling. "You seem happy. What happened?" Garnet said, looking at me. "Oh - nothin." I didn't really want to announce the whole, me and Lapis being together thing just yet because amethyst would be all like "called it!" Or just keep making jokes about us.

I walked past some of the chairs and sat on the couch, next to the window. After a bit, lapis finally walked out the bathroom with her hair done, then walked into the living room. "I thought yall were gonna be in the kitchen?" Lapis said with a confused look on her face. "Oh yea, sorry," I said to her, I forgot to tell her we were gonna be in here now.

-time skip 40 minutes later -
We were all looking at this little beach car rental store so we could get one when we drive around the beach so we don't get pearls car all sandy, and we saw this particular one we all liked.

( Reference picture above^)

We all split the money to rent it, and we got in. Me and Lapis sat on the very back, garnet was driving, and Pearl and amethyst were sitting in the back seats using stupid snapchat filters on each other. The drive was pretty bumpy, so me and Lapis had been holding onto the little handles on the side of the seats.

-time skip-

Lapis's pov-

The beach car came to a sudden stop, and me and peridot turned facing where garnet was driving to, and It was this little beach shop. Garnet found a parking spot, and we all got out and went inside.

When we all walked in, the first thing we all saw was this huge megaladon mouth as a skull.

"Woahh! Look at that!" Pearl said, pointing at it. "Wowie Pearl, I never noticed it." Amethyst said in a sarcastic way.

We all laughed, then started to look around. Personally, i loved marine animals, so this store was a dream come true for me. "I'll be over here, guys!" I said as I pointed towards the necklace wall. I walked up over to it, and the first thing that caught my eye was a shark tooth necklace with small lapis lazuli stones surrounding it. I quickly grabbed it and checked the price. [15.64] it said. "Yeesh.. why is it so expensive.." I said under my breath.

I heard footsteps coming closer to me, and I turned around and saw Peridot. Peridot then looked at the necklace I was holding, and then she spoke. "Ooo! So pretty!!" Peridot said as she admired it. "I know, right?! It's like 15 dollars, though.." I said as I frowned slightly. "That's alright! I'll pay for it!" Peridot said, smiling at me. "What? Nonono, it's fine. I ca-" I cut myself off when peridot quickly grabbed the necklace out of my hand, then ran towards the counter. "Peridot wait!-" I said as I ran towards her.

But just before I got there, she handed it back to me and then spoke. "Your welcome~" Then she winking and walked away. I smiled, then put it on and took a good look on how it looked on me, I loved it. *If Peridot gets me something, I get her something.* I said in my mind, determined, then started looking around for what things she would like. "Maybe a necklace as well?.. or a.."LAPIS!!" I was cut off when I heard a familiar voice from behind me, i turned around and saw that it was bismuth, an old friend of mine. "Bismuth!!! Whatcha doing here?" I said, smiling."Oh nothing, just here for a few days, you?" Bismuth said. "Oh, im good! Im staying here, too! With a couple of other friends, of course!" I said.

"Like who?" Bismuth said, tilting her head a bit. "Peridot, pearl, garnet and amethyst! You know them, right?" I said, looking up at her. I saw bismuths smile get a little bigger. "Pearl and garnet?.. Hah! We go way back," Bismuth said. "So who's Peridot, though? I've met amethyst a few months back, but not this peridot." Bismuth said shortly after. "Oh, she's my new g-," I paused for a second. "Her she comes now, actually!" I said, pointing.

Peridot eventually walked up towards us and stood next to me, then said hi to Bismuth. "Hey! I'm Bismuth, your peridot, right?" Peridot then nodded. "Hey, you said you, Pearl, and Garnet go way back, right? Well, they are right over there if you wanna say hi to them!" I said. Bismuth then looked over towards that direction, then back at us. "Oh yea, you're right! I probably should!" Bismuth then walked over towards them, then I looked back at Peridot.

"Who was that?" Peridot asked. "An old high-school friend!" I said, smiling. "Since you got me something, im gonna get you something too!" I said, smiling. "Nonono! It's okay!!" Peridot said, waving her hands in the arm slowly. "I insist!" I said while I looked around. Eventually, Peridot then sighed, I'm assuming it was because she knew I wasn't gonna listen to her, no matter how much she said not to get her something, lol.

I started to walk around the store, and I saw something she would've liked. It was a tied t-shirt mixed with the colors blue, green, and pink with an alien on it holding a bomb pop and a surf board. I snickerd as I looked at it, and I then grabbed it and walked towards the cashier. After I ordered it, I was carrying the bag looking for the others. I saw everyone talking to Bismuth in the floaty section, but I didn't see Peridot anywhere.

I eventually walked up over to the group. "Hey, have yall seen Peridot anywhere?.." I asked with a concerned tone in my voice. Garnet looked to me and shrugged. "I thought she was with you?" Pearl said, standing next to Bismuth. "She was earlier, but I bought her something since she got me this necklace, so I guess I lost her when I walked away from her." I said, holding the necklace. Bismuth then looked above all the clothing racks and etc on her tippy toes, then shrugged. "I'll go look around." I said, walking away from the group.

As I was walking around, I couldn't see Peridot anywhere, and I started to panic a little. I then brought out my phone and called her. As I heard the phone dial, I heard a phone ring tone go off across the store.

"Hello?" I heard from the phone
"Peri! Where are you?!-" I said, sounding worried. I waited for an answer, but nothing. "Perido?- aAAGH!-" I jumped and quickly turned around with my face red from embarrassment as I saw Peridot laughing her ass off. "Hey, what the hell!" I said, pouting. "Im-'im sorry -" Peridot said, laughing in between her words. I then hit her at the back of her head softly. "Hey!" She said. "Oh, c'mon, that didn't hurt!.." I said, smirking.

Me and Peridot walked back over to the group. "Found her!" I said, smiling softly. "Great! Should we go back on the road and check out some other stores?" Pearl said, smiling. Everyone agreed, and we walked out of the store and headed to the buggy.

I looked at Peridot and smiled. Peridot looked up at me and tilted her head a little. "What's wrong?" Peridot said. "Oh, nuthin, I gotcha this, though!" I said as I grabbed the bag from the little beach store and gave it to Peridot. Peridot then pulled the shirt out of the bag and looked at it for a moment, and smiled quickly. "Awee! Its adorable lapis!" She then hugged me, and I smiled, hugging her back. "You're welcome!"