20 - Indari

Indari and Kieran make their way back to Tempyria, and when the two demons arrive, both of them head to the ruined castle. It is destroyed, marred by death and fire and dark magicks. Indari walks among the shattered remains, her red eyes roving for any sign of life.

Kieran morphs into his wolf form, and he searches for any signs that the girl's family is here. If they find any, they are to take the girl's family to the false mother, the one who'd raised them. Not their true mother, or to see Hayley. Drecca and Lilith need time to use her.

As she walks about, her power cast out in a net of awareness that sweeps the crumbled castle, Indari hears something. A scuffing sound. She walks toward it, narrowing her awareness on the area she heard it from.

There's a life in there, flickering. Someone is there, but she can't tell who they are. She sifts through the rubble, and pulls it up to inspect it more closely. But then, she senses that flickering essence of life fade and flare.

Indari kneels down, and pulls away some of the debris. She sees a girl, laying there, broken under the rubble and ash. She stares at the girl, then lifting her up out of the ash. The girl's dark skin is bloody and covered in dirt, ash, and bruises. Her long, flowing auburn hair caked with dried blood and gore.

Her clothes were once fine and silky, now they are torn and ruined. The white in them is faded, and covered in grime. She had no shoes on, but her one leg appears to be broken. Indari knows this girl is likely going to die. But she can't let that happen.

Indari teleports to the other side of the destroyed castle, the girl she's saved resting in her arms as she reappears. Indari lays the girl down on a flat slab of stone, and she begins to work. Checking the girl's wounds first, she then checks to make sure there's no internal bleeding or any injuries.

Kieran returns as his human form.  "Haven't found any sign of them. But who's that?"

"I don't know. I'm hoping she can give me answers," says Indari. "Give me a few minutes. I'll heal her, then we can learn better what happened here."

She presses her hands closer over the wound in the girl's chest, and closes her eyes.  She concentrates on this wound, on her pain and helping solve it. But she can sense there's also something else, like a mental barrier, keeping her from waking. But what is it? Is it some curse or something else?

Indari looks to Kieran.  "Keep searching, look for any sign of life."

"Yeah, yeah. I know," he says. He stalks off, and she resumes her work.