Chapter Eight: The Ultimatum

The elevator soon makes it to the rooftop, and the door opens, Eli and his group walk out and look up at the red sky and black clouds, Alice looks up at the sky and the destruction and despair going on as she smokes her cigarette and sighs then looks at Eli. "This is the worst incident...I swore to Craig Cuttlefish, that you would carry on the legacy of your mother to be the agent 3 your mother could have been...maybe...next captain..the way things are going, how will the world ever recover from this...and how long will it take? Only time will tell." Eli nods, but soon feels the ground shake, when they look they see a giant Monokuma with a crown on, claws and teeth as sharp as razor blades standing at over 30 feet tall, everyone is in shock. but Eli quickly draws out his dualies, he knows it's either do or die. So Eli jumps down as Derrick summons a bunch of ink rails and Eli lands on one of them as the grand battle begins, as the fight goes on between the giant Monokuma and Eli, the giant bot releases smaller Monokuma bots to attack, and Eli jumps on an ink rail and starts shooting them down as the giant Monokuma swung its claws at Eli, but Eli managed to jump over them, and the battles goes on, soon the tvs appear as Eli jumps off the railing and the giant bot stopped, Eli looks at the screen as something stares to play, only to realize it was the despair video and Eli was had with a title wave of despair, he starts heavy breathing as Eli falling to his knees, his eyes get all swirly, Alice and the others see what's happening, and they are all now worried when Cassandra shouts. "Eli!! Don't give in!! Think about everything you've worked for...all of it....you need to find your inner hope!!" Eli hears this and is in shock. "Find my inner hope?" Callie jumps in. "Agent 3...you need to find your inner hope!!!" Marie adds, "Find your inner hope..." All the others of Squid Beak jump in and they start chanting "Find your inner hope" over and over and over again. Eli was on his hands and knees looking down on the floor. "Find my inner hope...find my inner hope" Crystal then shouts, "Come on little bro...you can do it!! Don't give up now....think of the world...think of those we care about, think about the team...think about...our mom...don't give into the despair...not yet.....don't...I know you can do it" Eli was still breathing as he closed his eyes and started to think. He can soon hear the people in his homeworld on the larger screens, he looks at the screens and sees inklings and octolings cheering him on, some were holding signs of his name and cheering him on, calling him their hero and only hope, Eli's mind was now having a conflict, not sure if the despair should take hold of him or not, he grips his head in pain. "AHHHHHHHH!!!" Eli kept thinking, trying to find his inner hope, wondering if he'd either find it or be devoured by an evil despair persona of himself.