Church Bells

The next day, Rick laid out the arsenal set that Carl and Clive had found yesterday on the hood of the car him and his family rode in, "Everybody takes a weapon." He states, handing them out.

Andrea sighs quietly, "These aren't the kind of weapons we need." She says, placing her hand onto her hip, "What about the guns we originally had, and the ones that Sam and Dean had in the trunk of their car?"

Shane takes a breath, "We've been over that." He states, as Sam, Dean, and I carried knives and machetes over to the hood of the car, "Daryl, Rick, Grace, Sam, Dean, and I are carrying." My brothers and I placed them down onto the hood, "We can't have people popping off rounds every time a tree rustles."

"It's not the trees that I'm worried about." She replies, an annoyed look coming onto her face, as everyone came over and picked out a weapon. Her eyes glanced over at me, "How come Grace gets to carry a gun?"

I took a breath, and I rolled my eyes, "I get to carry my gun, because I have had a long time experience with one." I stated, shifting my weight onto my left leg, "I know how to handle one, and I know how to use it."

She scoffs quietly at me, as I stood next to my brothers.

"Alright then," Shane starts, pulling himself off of the R.V he leaned against, "Let's say somebody fires at the wrong moment, and the herd happens to be passing by."

Dean nods, raising his brows a bit, "He's right, it's game over for all of us."

She scoffs, as her gaze shifts over to my brother. Just as she was about to say something, Shane takes a breath, "So you need to get over it."

An annoyed look was on Andrea's face. She looked like she wanted to say something, but she kept her mouth shut.

Daryl takes a couple steps closer to us, "The idea is to take the creek up about five miles, then we'll turn around and come back around the other side." His eyes glanced between us, "The chances are she'll be by the creek. It's her only landmark."

"Everyone needs to stay quiet and they need to stay sharp." Rick replies, his eyes glancing between all of us, "Keep some space between you, but always within sight of one another." His eyes shifted over to Dale, "Keep on those repairs, we need to get this R.V ready to move."

The old man looked up at him, and nodded, "I don't wanna stay here a minute longer than what we have to." He states, standing up from the steps of the R.V, "Good luck out there, bring Sophia back."

"Can you keep an eye on Carl, while we're gone?" Rick asks him, a light smile coming onto his face.

As soon as Carl heard his name, both him and Clive perked up. He furrowed his brow, "I thought I was going with you." He says, walking out from my nephews side, "If I'm not, then I wanna go with you."

Rick and Lori's gaze shifted over to him, and he takes a breath.

"You need more people, right?" Carl asks, his eyes glancing between his parents, "You need to cover as much as possible. Dean's letting Clive go, so I don't see a problem if I go too."

Rick and Lori stared at their son, before looking at him. She takes a breath, "It's your call, I can't always be the bad guy." She states, forcing a bit of a frown onto her face.

He stared at her for a second, before Dale taking a breath, "No matter who is watching him, I'd say he's in good hands." He states, leaning into the doorway of his vehicle.

Rick's light blue eyes shifted to the old man, before looking back to his son. He nodded, "Okay, you can come with us, but you stay within our sight." He states, raising his brows, "No exceptions."