𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘

┏━━━━⋆。゚☁︎。⋆☾ ゚。⋆━━━━┓

DEVIL SPAWN...?

PAUL AND AUGUSTINE'S RELATIONSHIP CHANGED AFTER THAT NIGHT.

The space they'd leave between one another had vanished entirely, and it was rare for someone to see one without the other. As a result, the ravenette had to issue a family meeting where she all but pleaded with Carlisle and Esme to let him stay over more frequently.

Emmett tried to veto her request, his own nose shrivelling up as if he had caught a whiff of the wet dog smell that was associated with the shifters. She knew it would be a big change for her family, but she didn't think she could go more than a day without seeing him— which is why Carlisle had no choice but to agree. All they wanted was for her to be happy, and if they had to fumigate the home after Paul left, they would do just that.

Bella and Edward were still on their honeymoon, similarly to how Paul and Augustine were in their inseparable honeymoon phase as well. There were even times where Paul would bring the younger vampire to the reservation, where they'd either hang out at his home, just the two of them, or at Sam's where the rest of the pack always filtered in and out throughout the day.

Augustine didn't mind the pack, and she knew she had to remain respectful of their space given her opposing nature. She adored Emily, and would often just sit in the kitchen and watch the woman bake with amused eyes much to the dismay of Paul, who only wanted his Imprint to be close to him.

It also meant that having Augustine around Sam's place made her extremely available to Seth Clearwater. The boy was like a kid in a candy store whenever she was around, always asking her questions about her life and the fucking mechanics of vampirism. Paul couldn't even be mad at him for hoarding the girl's attention, because the sheer disdain he felt from Jacob at Augustine getting along with a pack member was well worth it.

Augustine rarely liked to be at Sam's if Jacob was there, because he was definitely her least favourite— and that was saying something, because Leah Clearwater made her distaste of having the vampire around known. But Seth, ever the defender of Augustine, would always fight against his sister's word. It was sort of endearing.

It was the last weekend before the school year started up, the last weekend of summer before Augustine would become a senior, and they were at Paul's instead of Sam's since he informed them that yes, Jacob was there. So, the pair opted for the Lahote residence, and Terrance was always more than happy to see their intertwined hands the minute they stepped through the door.

"You excited for senior year, hon?" Terrance asked the girl, taking the coat she was wearing from her hands to hang in the nearby closet.

Augustine nodded with a smile. "Very excited," was her response. Though, she pointedly avoided talking about the nerves she felt about seeing a particular blond friend for the first time, having dodged him the entire summer since she had a hand in killing his still-presumed-missing sister.

But other than that, yeah, she was excited.

"You like chemistry, isn't that right?" he asked.

"Yeah, it's definitely been my best class," she told the older man, who smiled at her encouragingly. "Plus, I seriously love balancing equations, so—"