Chapter- 4

Kabir made Kiyansh drink water. He was crying so much that it worried him. After some time, when the sobs subsided and the kid was out of tears, Kabir pulled him down from his lap, making him stand in front of him. As soon as he did that, Kiyansh's eyes filled up all over again.

"Stop crying, Kiyansh. Right NOW!" Kabir firmed his tone at the end.

Kiyansh bit his lower lip to control his sobs and wiped away his tears immediately. He didn't wish to upset his father more; it's just that he was never scolded this harshly. It's his sister who has always been at the receiving end of their father's scolding. But when he was facing the same treatment as his sister for the first time, he didn't know what to do.

Kabir sighed. He was done with scolding; he was never this harsh with his younger one as he is way too sensitive, whereas his firstborn was way too thick-skinned. God gave him two unique pieces indeed. He can't shout at one, and the other one doesn't understand any different language!

"What you did was wrong. Hai na, Ansh?" He asked in his gentle yet firm tone.

Kiyansh nodded slowly.

"Do you have any specific reason on why you did all this...or in a way why you acted like a brat?"

Kiyansh looked down; he doesn't like the word at all.

Kabir kept his index finger under his chin, making him look up, "Teachers class mein padhati hain. Agar vo kuch bolti hain toh humare achhe ke liye, they do so much hard work providing us the knowledge and in return what you did?"

"So...sorry aage nahi karunga," Kiyansh said slowly.

"I will make sure of that!" Kabir exclaimed, "And what about your studies...last month you told me you will learn from me and your sister, you don't need a teacher but now see what you have done. Tujhe padhna nahi hai bas time pass karna hai, games khelne hai, apni classes bunk karni hai, aur jab teacher class mein samjaye toh either you won't pay attention or you will disturb your class...agar fail ho bhi gaye toh kya ho jayega. Right?"

Kiyansh shook his head and hugged him tightly, "Sorry papa! I promise next time se mein aisa kuch nahi karunga...mein ache marks bhi leke aunga, apni classes bhi bunk nahi karunga aur apni teacher ko prank bhi nahi karunga. Sachhi," he said pulling back.

Kabir held his hand, "Maine hamesha se kaha hai class mein top karna mera liye kabhi important nahi hai, har bache ki apni capacity hoti hai studies ko samjhne ki...but directly fail hona is not something acceptable to me."

Kiyansh flinched slightly; however, he nodded. The anger was still slightly visible in his father's voice, and at that moment, he was ready to do anything to reduce that anger. Now that he realized his wrongdoings, his guilt was just increasing.

Kabir cupped his face, "I will arrange a tuition teacher for you, and you will be..."

"Nahi papa," Kiyansh cut him off immediately, "Please papa, last chance... iske baad agar main phir se fail hua toh aap jaisa bologe waisa karunga. Mujhe aapke aur di ke alawa aur kisi se nahi sikhana. Please... please papa, last chance."

Kabir sighed, "Fine! But agar mujhe Tere exams mai improvement nahi dikha toh I will do what is needed, and you won't say anything in that. Did you get that?"

Kiyansh nodded immediately.

"Now shall we talk about the consequences of the stunt you pulled?" Kabir asked sternly.

Kiyansh looked down, accepting his fate, knowing his father won't leave him just like that.

"The first thing you will be doing is writing an apology letter to your teachers. You are grounded for the next three months, no TV, no games, no friends... nothing. Apne saare games you will be keeping them in my room. Tere pass tere question papers honge na last exams ke?"