CHAPTER I : Breaking News!

Welcome to Starr Park‚ an amazing town! It's known for it's CandyLand and their gift shops with unlimited stuffs! Out of all of that‚ there was a citizen. He was a very pale man who people refer as "Gray". He lived at the infamous Snowtel‚ specifically on the 14th floor. Is there a reason for it? Actually‚ no. He's a man that's not so rich nor not poor and works as a detective but he's a VERY unstable worker. You would never find him actually coming to his work earlier or actually claiming a mystery. He surprisingly did two mysteries but what do you expect from him? Sometimes‚ you would catch him outside the infamous gift shop‚ miming for money. It was at least much more successful than his detective career people say.

-------------------------------------
SATURDAY‚ 6:32 AM.
-------------------------------------

Gray woke up‚ not feeling too fresh. Like as always‚ he gets out of bed‚ brush his teeth‚ wears his proper clothes and have his breakfast just like every classic human being. Gray took a sip of his favourite coffee flavour‚ dark roasted coffee.

"Perfect‚" Gray thought. Not many people liked dark roasted coffee but Gray found it flavorful. He sat down with the cup of coffee in it and turned on the TV. He changed and changed the channels until the daily news channel. He put the TV remote down and sat there‚ watching the news.

-------------------------------
BREAKING NEWS!
-------------------------------

Good morning dear citizens of Starr Park! I hope your having a wonderful day! Today's new is indeed very shocking‚ it might be the most scariest thing that happened here‚ in Starr Park. At 1:45 AM something unfortunate has happened at the hub. Our favorite actress‚ Lola has been murdered. Her body has been found right in front of the entrance of the hub and there was no signs of the weapon. People said she was at the hub premiering for a new upcoming movie. She was last seen with two men‚ El Mayordomo who was her body guard and another unknown man who possibly looked 40 at most. The man had white hair‚ looked buff and carried a ginger cat along with him. Unfortunately‚ the CCTV was  broken during that time for obvious reasons. We hope the murderer will be soon found and we will keep you updated. Thank you for listening to Starr Park News! Make sure to watch us tomorrow!

------------------------------
THE NEWS ENDS
------------------------------

Gray immediately turned off the TV after hearing the news. It made him feel disgusted and.. uncomfortable. He had many questions.. Why did somebody killed her? What happened to those two other people? Why was the CCTV broken? And most importantly‚ who killed Lola. Gray himself wasn't a big fan of Lola and he found her death quite.. disturbing. Gray knew he couldn't do anything himself‚ he could go to the detective office but he hasn't been there for about a month. Besides‚ there are way more better and skilled detective than him‚ they could take care of the mystery. But honestly‚ it could give plenty of money..! Gray shook his head‚ there was no way he could solve the case. He tried to ignore this news and pretend it never existed‚ it's not like the murderer is gonna hunt other people and is SPECIFICALLY gonna hunt Gray next right? Gray thought of that. After a moment‚ he finally snapped out of it and decided to just take a rest‚ nothing bad is gonna happen.. Right?

-----------------------------
2 WEEKS LATER.
-----------------------------

Two weeks has officially passed. Literally NOTHING has been updated on the incident. The news reporter are literal gaslighters. Gray has still been thinking of the incident since day one.

"Can this be my chance?"
"I'm I good enough?"
"Can I ACTUALLY solve the case?"

Gray thought of all of these. Everyone wants to be a hero and so does he. But honestly‚ would his co-workers still remember him? They most probably fire him or most likely won't trust him and all of those problems. Gray was stressed‚ all of these problems blocking his way to do some case don't hasn't even been solved for two weeks already. Sometimes‚ Gray gunielly thinks he's the only detective in town. What a dulesional man. I'm I right? Thinking he's the only detective in town. Quite a weird and freaky one I must say. Gray just sat on his chair‚ thinking like a random homeless man you see in the street. Guess what? He did not make any ideas. A cup of coffee would always work for Gray so that's what he did‚ SPECIFICALLY dark roasted coffee. If it's the wrong flavour‚ who knows actually. He takes a sip of the coffee.

"WHAT AN AMAZING COFFEE!"

Gray jumped out of the couch and started.. doing some dance moves. Looks like someone might have put WAYYY too much sugar. As he was doing some randon silly or goofy stuff there was a knock on the door. Gray immediately stopped doing his stuffs and adjusted himself to look more proper and finally opened the door. As he opened a door‚ there was a woman with a long and ginger hair and with a long and elegant black dress.

GRAY : Good morning ma-

??? : The name's Piper‚ you're Gray I'm I right? Come with me. IMMEDIATELY.

GRAY : Oh yeah I'm Gra-

The woman immediately started drifting away once Gray mentioned his name. Gray just followed her as she said so. What a strange woman I'm I right? They walked down to right to left to down to up where they finally reached their destination‚ GRAY'S DETECTIVE OFFICE? It took Gray approximately five seconds to tell that he was at his office. It indeed looked very different from the last time he saw it. The walls are clean‚ everything is organized and an actually NOT broken chair?! This must be paradise! They sure changed a lot since Gray was last here. While Gray was admiring at his new brandly office the so called woman called Piper just stared at him.

PIPER : Ahem sir?

Gray immediately got shocked by her sudden voice.

GRAY : Oh yes yes.. So.. why exactly I'm I here madam?

PIPER : Isn't it quite obvious? You're here to solve the case of Lola's murder‚ but I'm giving you a option. Yes or no.

Gray couldn't believe it. Him? The man people refer to Gray? The one that hasn't been working for over a month? Chosen to solve the case? Gray was more than ready.

GRAY : Yes.

------------------------------
AUTHOR NOTES
------------------------------

credits to respaldodebeja on pinterest for the image!

so that was the end woo hoo! i hoped you guys liked this as this is actually my first time writing something proper and not some goofy stuff. also feel free to correct my grammar due to english not being my first language. i have no idea if this will be popular but i hope I'll just get one supporter ahaha. also before you say "gray doesn't talk!" it's just an au don't expect to see characters with their og personality but I don't mis charactive them so bad. feel free to give suggestions! ill always follow them!! also don't mind sometimes I'll change the words even after publishing.

TOTAL WORDS : 1205