𝘞𝘩𝘪𝘵𝘦 𝘋𝘢𝘪𝘴𝘺

❦───✿══╡°˖✧♛✧˖°╞══✿───❦

|  |   𝟐𝟏   |  |

I fucking hate him. I wish that weren't the case. I really do. But Adrik just has a knack for pissing me the fuck off. I mean who the fuck stops an orgasm just on the brink of erupting? 

Adrik, that's who.

God, I swear just when I think he has some redeeming qualities, he does something to make me swallow back my words and rethink my thoughts of him.

Opening the shop, I feel a low churn in my belly and I'm pretty sure that's my pussy rioting with the hormones. My heart and brain also joined the protest, and now I have a Coup d'état. Great.

I push past the register counter when I hear a ding in the bell behind me. It's not opening hours yet and I'm sure the big fat 'closed' sign is there to prove that. "Sorry, we're not open yet," I say aloud. 

I don't immediately turn behind me to look because I'm adjusting the thermometer and switching on the backroom lights. But I quickly do when I don't hear the ding of the door as a sign of the person leaving.

When I turn to look at the person, my voice gets stuck in my throat along with my rapidly beating heart. Lev and his goons are standing in my shop and with the look in his dark blue eyes, it can't be for any good reason such as to buy a single flower. 

"What are you doing here?" I snap at him as I narrow my gaze. The last time I saw Lev was a few nights ago and I had hoped to keep it that way. I know the shit he does for a living and with everything Adrik has told me, he isn't the crowd I want to attract. 

"I'm just here to ask a few questions if you don't mind," his voice becomes low as he walks around the front of the store. An ornament on the shelf to my right attains his attention, his finger grazing over the synthetic flower leaves. "I promise it won't take long."

"I'm busy. As you can see I have a business to run and no time to waste," I snide. I don't need this. I don't need him poking around here. 

Before I could get out my final demand for him to leave, he pushed the glass pot holding the real flower and ornament I just placed on the display to the ground. 

The glass shatters as I gasp watching the dirt and scatter across the ground, revealing the flower's root. "Are you fucking crazy?" I snap, my gaze meeting his when I see a dreadful look spread across his face. 

"You see Daisy," he draws out my name on the tip of his tongue like venom from an inland taipan. "I don't have the patience to deal with you today. So be a doll and fucking answer my questions," a shit-eating smile stretches across his lips quickly when he finishes with, "Please."

He pulls aside his trench coat when I see him gesturing at the gun. The organs in my body weren't protesting anymore because of my lack of orgasm but in complete terror and fear.

Right now in this moment, if I was given the choice to be around him and his men or being in the middle of Africa, surrounded by a pride of lions, I'd choose the fucking lions. 

I'm being threatened in my shop by men who don't give a rats ass about how they go about killing someone and something low in my gut is telling me, I don't want to be killed by Lev or his men who look just about ready to sacrifice me to the devil himself as a ritual to gain his blessings like a fucking cult.

He takes my silence for compliance when he utters, "Now that's a good doll." My skin lines with goosebumps and my gag reflex threatens to upchuck my fucking breakfast. Lev may be one of the most attractive men in Moscow but he is nothing with that shitty personality.