𝘋𝘢𝘳𝘬 𝘓𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵

❦───✿══╡°˖✧♛✧˖°╞══✿───❦

|  |   𝟐𝟐   |  |

I watch Ayziel's body slowly relax as he lowers his hand and removes his forefinger that is hovering over the trigger. We saw the shadow circling the front of the house and Ayziel was quick to shut down the intruder before anything else. 

He's the type to shoot first and bury after. No questions, just raw impulsiveness.

A deceptively low chuckle rings through the air as I cock a brow when Lucian walks up beside me. We watch him stepping aside, a fuming Daisy finding my eyes immediately before she storms through the door.

Daisy is here. A smirk creeps on my lip at the sight of her, when I feel the demon's voices hazing out from being pleased but then it hits me. My eyes immediately widen at the registration of what's happening.

Daisy is here. In Ayziel's house. How—

Before she reaches up to me a hand swings up to slap me but it halts in the air when Ayziel grips her wrist. "Not so fast, sweetheart."

The moment Ayziel's hands landed on Daisy, a primal urge erupted low in my stomach and the need to amputate said arm grew with a kind of rage alongside it. It's dark. No fuck that its fucking pitch black.

The tension in my muscles only grows to the point that I feel Lucian's hand on my shoulder before I watch the quick release in Ayziel's hand from Daisy's wrist. "My bad, reflex," Ayziel says calmly before backing away.

I drag my gaze from Aze to Daisy who's fuming steam and most likely killing me in different ways in her head. "What are you doing he—" A slap cuts across my skin as Ayziel and Lucian hisses.

"Saw that coming," Ayziel jests.

"I told you Adrik, I fucking told you that I won't bare the burden of anyone you kill for me," her voice ripples through the still air when I meet her gaze again. Her eyes are blazing. I've always seen the sun in her eyes, but this time around the heat cranked up even higher. They're red, hot flaming red. Blood red.

"Do you know what it's like, to enter my place of work and to be threatened by someone I barely even know? Of course, you don't," she pauses but not for long, "Oh wait scratch that, you do and you're killing the people who did it to you because of it," her voice raises.

"Well guess what tough guy," she digs her index in my chest as I fix my eyes on hers, "I can't go around killing people after being threatened so you better fucking fix this and fix it fucking soon."

Before I can get a word in she spins on her heels and storms out of the house, slamming the door behind her like she owns the place. Did she just...

I might cum from that. Yeah I'm sick I know but god fucking damnit, that was the hottest fucking thing I've ever experienced in my life.

"Holy shit!" Ayziel's eyes looked at me with amusement, "Now I see why you fell in love with this chick."

Love? It might as well fucking be. Because if she had stayed a moment longer, I would've dropped to my goddamn knees and propose to her. 

Darkness, so black and morbid seeps under my skin and intoxicates my blood as I stand still in the room. Something morally wrong and vile clicks in my head as I softly chuckle before turning away. 

"Don't go do anything stupid Adrik," Lucian speaks up behind me. I tilt my head, looking over my shoulders before uttering. "Do something stupid?" I question, "Me? No."

It's not stupid but it might earn me more of her seething hate. 

Her hate. 

I don't know what it's like to have her love but all I know is that I'm obsessed with her hate.