Chapter 3- Doubt Thou The Stars

Annabel's ring was held in a clasp behind a silver glass. 

"So, whare are we looking at?" Lockwood asks. 

"I put the ring behind silver glass so we can safely examine it." George explained. 

"Well, it's daylight." Y/n points out.

"Yes, well, to state the obvious, I'm bit more risk averse than you, aren't I?" George said. "Now, the intruder was after the ring, but why?" 

George pushed a button excited and it showed the ring. "Hallmarks." He revealed and it showed some numbers and letters on the inside of the ring.

Y/n sat down wearing a blue sweater with dark blue and white designs along with skinny jeans. 

"H 22 115" Y/n reads, then looked puzzled. "Maybe H stands for Hugo?" 

George grinned and pointed at her. "That's what I thought. But who was the other big 'H' in Annabel's life?" 

George looked behind him and grabbed a book handing it to Y/n who took it. 
Act II, Scene 2." 

Lockwood glanced at Y/n curiously. 

"Doubt thou the stars are fire, doubt that the sun doth move, doubt truth to be a liar but never doubt I love." Y/n reads and her brows furrowed in confusion then her eyes lit up in realization. "This is it! The hallmark is a love letter. That's why Annabel wanted me to take the ring. It proves that she and Hugo were together, that has to be enough to put him away." 

George and Lockwood looked at each other. Lockwood got up and Y/n watched him.

"Right?" Y/n asks. 

"No. It doesn't prove anything." Lockwood frowned and took the ring away.

"So they were together. But that isn't evidence he murdered her." Lockwood answers. 

Y/n sighs disappointed. 

"The ring's going in the safe. I'm keeping hold of the key, cause, well, you can't be trusted." Lockwood teased. 

"But it's her source." Y/n said pouting a bit. 

"Which you stole illegally." Lockwood points out.

"Now, the final ruling of sheen road just came in. If we don't get our shit together now, this agency is done for." Lockwood said seriously as he interlocked his fingers on the table.

" 'Mandatory indefinite oversight'" George repeats. 

"What does that even mean?" Y/n asks frowning at their choice of words.

"It means we still owe them 60 grand." Lockwood said, "but now we can't even do anything without adult supervision." 

Y/n bit her lip. "No, this has to be a joke." 

George took the paper from her hand and read it. 

"Unfortunately no, it's a chokehold. But I've got a plan. We're gonna see a man about a ghost." Lockwood said grinning. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The three were inside a big cream building with a complicated structure inside an elevator.  

"So, your big radical plan is a job at fairfax iron, for work we can't legally do?" George asks.

"George, this negativity, it's why I don't tell you things in advance." Lockwood told him.

Y/n grabbed a sheet of paper from Lockwood and read over it. "Agents required for unusual supernatural investigation. Money commensurate with danger." Y/n reads. "I'm guessing that means a lot of danger?" Y/n asks Lockwood who was already looking at her.