Chapter 4- Sweet dreams

Y/n sat up on her bed, feeling completely normal. She could sort of remember what happened, she was putting away the goggles and she heard the skull speak, she wasn't sure if it was normal, or if she was hallucinating. It didn't feel real at all. Type 3s were the only one who could speak directly to human being. And the only one who could do that was Penelope Fittes' mother. Y/n looked to her right and saw a glass with a not that said 'Drink me'. 

Y/n walked down the stairs and got confused when she didn't hear any bickering or arguments from the two boys. 

"Hello?" Y/n calls out. "Guys?"
Y/n entered the kitchen to see if they were there. She saw a note on the counter near the bread. They boys had gone out for a mission. 

"Wraith hunting without me?" Y/n mutters. She put a slice of toast in the toaster and waited. Suddenly she felt something...ominous, as if something was watching her, waiting. It wasn't human though, it was an entity. She leaned off the counter and walked towards the presence, she heard a faint whirring noise. The noise of the toast pooping out startled her and she le tout a gasp of fear. Y/n closed the door to the room and took in a few deep breaths to calm down.

The sound of the front door opening relaxed her. 

"How could you not realize it was an execution site?" Lockwood scolds. 

"Because you gave me no time for research, again!" George objects. 

"They had time to figure it out! They knew exactly what they were walking in to!" Lockwood grumbled. 

"They don't have to actually visit the libraries and churches." George said angrily. "I do!"

"Hey." Y/n greets smiling as she leaned against the wall. 

The two looked at her surprised. "Uh...hiya." Lockwood greets. "How are you...feeling?" 

Y/n looked at him curiously. "Normal. Thanks for letting me sleep in." 

"Are you sure you're okay?" George asked gently. 

Y/n looked at them confused, why were they acting like this? "Yeah, I'm sure I'm fine. How about you guys? I'm guessing you didn't find the wraith?"  

"Oh, no, we did. But then we found 13 other, didn't we, George?" Lockwood said sarcastically. 

"Total cluster case." George told Y/n amused. "We didn't have flares, did we, Lockwood?" 

"How did you get out?" Y/n asked. 

"We were rescued." George said carefully.

"We were not 'rescued'." Lockwood calls back angrily. 

Y/n's eyes widened in amusement. "Oh, I see. Kipps' crew?" She asked already knowing the cause of Lockwood's mood. 

"Stuck up mediocrities." Lockwood shouts angrily and there was another crash.

Y/n and George laughed at Lockwood.

"They saved our lives, killed the wraiths and sealed the source." George explained still amused. "It was quite dazzling."

"Did they share the fee?" Y/n asked hopefully.

"No, finders keepers, but that's not what is about." George said gesturing to Lockwood.

Lockwood walked in, still a bit angry. "He wouldn't even acknowledge. He's acting like Coombe Carey Hall never happened." 

"He must have signed the same NDA we did." Y/n concludes.

"Yes, but he could let us know he knows. He lacks respect." Lockwood said angrily. 

"But you know he knows." Y/n said.