Chapter 5- Death is coming

Y/n sat on a chair with Skully staring at it, she wore a light blue shirt with white designs and dark blue pants. The door to the kitchen opened and Lockwood walked in wearing his usual attire. 

"Hey, you're up early." Lockwood greets and walked to the sink taking a glass. 

"Yeah. Tried to get us a head start, but it's playing hard to get." Y/n said frowning, she turned to look at Lockwood who was looking through the fridge. "You okay?" She asks. 

"Yeah, I'm fine. Why wouldn't I be?" Lockwood asks. "Don't worry about the skull, we've already got a head start on Kipps' crew. We'll be in and out of the cemetery before they even finish their cornflakes." Lockwood said confidently, "juice?" He offered. 

Y/n shook her head and stared at Skully. 

"What if it meant the mirror?" Y/n asks tucking her hair behind her ear. 

"What?" Lockwood asks.

"Skully. Right? It said death is coming. What if the mirror is death?" Y/n explains. 

"Skully? That's cute." He chuckles making Y/n blush. "I'd say bring it on. Nothing we can't handle together." Looking at Y/n lovingly. 

Y/n smiled at him then turned back to Skully. 

"I'll go back to bed then, shall I?" George suggests. 

"I meant all of us." Lockwood told him. 

George grabbed the jug full of filter coffee and was about to pour it, but Lockwood stopped him. 

"There's no time for that. You can grab one en route to the archives." Lockwood orders. 

"I thought we were going to the cemetery?" George said confused. 

"We are. Come on." he said and gestured for Y/n to get up. "I need you to go down to the archives and find out everything you can about Bickerstaff and the mirror. Today is make or break." 

"Only cause you turned this job into a pissing contest." George remarked. 

"Not still in a mood about that, are you?" Lockwood asks giving him a look. 

"Did you forget what we went through to save this place?" George asked incredulously, "If I have to tell my parents that I lost another job because you and Kipps-" 

"We won't lose." Lockwood said sternly. 

"Won't we? How do you know? Are you psychic? You're telling me I don't have time to drink coffee. Let alone assess the crime scene." George lectured. 

"Okay. Enough." Y/n steps in frustrated.  "George, come with us. Check out the crime scene, then go to the archives, and work your magic." Y/n suggests, and Lockwood turned around to leave. "And Lockwood. Make an effort, give him two quid for a coffee." 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A DEPRAC van entered the cemetery. No doubt transporting Kipps' crew. While Lockwood, Y/n and George entered the cemetery. 

"Oh, shit." Lockwood swore. "There goes our edge."

The three continued walking to the cemetery while Y/n looked at the scenery in awe. In the morning the cemetery wasn't as frightening. 

"Afternoon, Tony." Kipps greets sarcastically as Kat joined him. 

"Piss off, Kipps. We're busy." Lockwood glared. 

"Kat and I were just wondering, when you lose this case and your little mates have to crawl under their rocks, what are you gonna do by yourself in that big, empty house of yours?" Kipps teased as Lockwood bumped shoulders with him.