Chapter 7- Mesmerized

George walked along the dark and empty river side holding the ghost hunting bag. He stopped near a phone and looked behind himself occasionally to make sure he wasn't followed. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lockwood and Y/n were inside a taxi to go the the river. 

"Is anyone following?" Lockwood asked. 

"No. But I wouldn't put it past Kipps and that maniac from the library." Y/n answered. "Do you think Penelope saw us?"

"Well, after tonight, I think we both will be off her Christmas Card list." Lockwood chuckled.

"Did you see the box she gave him? It had that symbol on it. The one George found on Fairfax's goggles." Y/n said quietly. 

"What, the harp?" He asked quietly. 

"Yes." Y/n said as she shifted closer to him. "And we know what a certified prick he turned out to be." 

 "Still, we got the book." Lockwood said

Y/n smiled and blushed a bit remembering what happened in Black Library. "We did."

"Let's find the bone glass." Lockwood murmurs and squeezed Y/n's hand. "Let's finish this."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

George continued walking along the river. When he was suddenly pulled into a corner, he turned around to see Flo. 

"Evening, Karim. Best stay out of sight. Don't want to get spotted." Flo said. 

"Why are we here? The auction is miles away."  George reprimanded. 

"Winkman's goons are everywhere. Any closer, and they'll see us." Flo said. 

Flo looked behind him and saw Lockwood and Y/n running towards them. Y/n still had no idea how she was running with heels on.

"Oh Jesus, look at the smile on their faces. This won't end well." Flo groaned. 

"You're late." George huffed. 

"Sorry, things got a bit weird. Hey Flo." Y/n smiled. 

"Did you get the Dulac book?" George asked.

"Yeah, of course we did. Now, what's the plan?" Lockwood asked breathing heavily his hand still in Y/n's.

"The auction's starting any minute and Winkman's locked down the street." George said. "So, basically, we're screwed."

"Oh, have a little faith, George. London's not just street, you know? Now, stay close and no talking." Flo said as if she was the mother talking to her kids. 

The four ran to the docks where Flo took them to the auction on her boat. 

"I don't know why I didn't think of this." Lockwood said laughing. 

"It's what you pay me for, Locky." Flo said. 

They finally reached the auction site the boat quietly and stealthily cruised along the river. and throttled to the docks. Flo tossed a rope to one of the poles and began tying a knot so that Lockwood and Y/n could get off. 

"Is this it? Looks deserted." George comments. 

"That gangway takes you to the back of Fothergill's." Flo instructs. "No entrance to the street, but there's a hatch in the basement. It's unlocked, I have made sure. Get in, get out, and get back. But give me a warning. I can't wait out here. It's way too exposed, radio me." 

"You're the best, Flo." Lockwood grinned and began to get out of the boat. 

"Hold up. I need one of you to stay." Flo said. "Whatever you do. You're going to come out hot. To get away quicker, I need someone else to do this shit."