Vacation ❤

Jill Valentine x Claire Redfield (ft. Sherry)

"Okay Sherry you have to be ready when we get to the hotel so we can head to the beach!" Claire yelled as she watched her wife check into the hotel. Sherry, Jill and Claire decided to have a little alone time by going on vacation to one of the local beaches. There was a lovely hotel across the beach which they decided to book for a week, other than the beach, there were a bunch of other activities to do.

Jill was thrilled and laid back, she felt ready to finally have a moment to herself. Sherry was vibrating due to her excitement, this would be her first time at the beach. Claire on the other hand was a bit stressed, she felt like she needed to relax but didn't know how too. The poor red head felt that she was the only one that didn't feel relaxed... which was actually true. Sherry was checking out her room, placing her stuffed animals on the bed. She did some exploring and found herself in the living room, "Jill! Can I watch TV for a bit?" She asked, "Sure sweety, let me just put my stuff in my room and pack the basket." The blonde girl placed herself on the couch and found a cartoon channel on. Claire was pacing back and forth, "Hey honey, wanna tell me what's wrong?" The brunette asked standing in the doorway, "I don't know how to relax." The red head confessed, Jill kissed her temple, "Are you trying to force the relax out of you?" She asked with a tiny laugh, tucking a strand of hair behind Claire's ear. Claire sighed, "Yeah." Jill smiled, "Cheer up hun, maybe when we get to the beach you'll lighten up." The brunette said grabbing the sun block, "I hope so."

"Sherry come on! Let me put sun block on you so we can head out!" Jill shouted from the bathroom, "Okay Jill! Just got a little distracted." The young girl said as she turned the TV off. As Sherry went by the kitchen, she noticed Claire was pacing. She looked stressed, and that worried her, she was about to go up to her until, "Sherry!" Jill yelled, "Coming!"  The blonde said back, she had to walk away. While Jill was putting the sun block on Sherry, the blonde couldn't help but think about her Gaurdian in the kitchen, "Jill, is Claire okay?" She asked softly, Jill sighed, "She's fine honey, she's just a bit stressed cause she doesn't know if she can relax." She explained running the lotion on Sherry's pale face, "That's a silly thing to be sad about." The young girl replied.

"It is, but I can't judge, I would never. But I do understand where she's coming from." The older woman said as she closed the sun block container and placed it in the basket, "You do?"

"Yeah, well, kinda. Claire's been under a lot of stress recently... maybe that's why she feels it's hard to relax." Jill answered wearily, "Oh, can I do something about it?" Sherry asked enthusiastically, Jill laughed, "Just be yourself." She replied with a wink making the young girl smile.

The three finally headed down to the beach, they found a nice clear spot near the entrance. The beach was pretty quiet considering that it was the perfect condition for a beach day. But the three were quite happy it wasn't that packed, it meant that the calming sounds of th of ocean could be heard. Quickly, Jill set up the umbrellas and towels, while Sherry was helping Claire put lotion on her back. Sherry was so excited to go into the water, she practically ripped off her clothing revealing her bathing suit and started sprinting to the sea. Jill had to catch her, "Uh Uh where do you think you're going?" She asked playfully, Sherry was squealing in excitement, "I wanna go in the water!" The blonde shouted, "Ah what? Without me!? Shameful Sherry!" The brunette joked placing the girl down, "Come on you two, you can wrangle each other after I take out my book." Claire said as she playfully scolded her lover and adopted child. Sherry giggled, "Okay, tell you what blondie, I'll race you to the water. Sound good?" Jill asked taking her top and shorts off, "Yeah!" Sherry said, "Alright, 3 2 1 go!" She yelled throwing her top at Sherry's face, "Hey no fair!" Sherry shouted laughing as she ran after Jill. Claire was left alone by the umbrellas, she was finally having a moment to herself. She sighed and pulled out her book.

Jill arrived at the edge of the waves when she stopped... the water was as cold as ice, "Jill's what's wrong!?" Sherry asked, "The water is freezing honey!" She shouted backing away, Sherry dipped her feet in the water, "You're right, it is cold, but you're a wuss Jill!" The blonde said dipping her whole body in the ice cold water, "What the hell Sherry you're crazy!" The brunette said, "Crazy, but cute!" Sherry said with chattering teeth. After a few minutes Jill dipped her whole body in the water and immediately got used to it, "Hey Sherry! Wanna learn how to jump a wave?" The brunette asked, the young girl nodded vigorously, "All you gotta do, is wait till the wave comes, and JUMP!" Jill immediately pushed herself up in the water, Sherry mirroring her, the wave had carried them both further for a small moment before it subsided again, "AWW YEAH JILL THAT WAS FUN!" Sherry yelled in excitement.

Claire sat and stared at the same page in her book for over 10 minutes, she was getting no where. Frustrated, she chucked the book back into the beach back and crossed her arms. She watched her lover and her daughter play in the water, noticing their carefree and playful attitudes. It's not fair, I should be relaxing with my family, I'm here sulking over the fact I can't relax... why can't I relax. Then the memories started to play. The memories of Raccoon city, the aftermath, the traumatic moments of being stuck in her apartment that was now overrun with the other survivors, the fact that she felt like she was raising Sherry all by herself. The tears came streaming down her face, she tried to swipe them away quickly but they came out too fast for her, "Fuck." She whispered as she accepted defeat, atleast there was no one around to see her cry. Jill looked up for a moment, seeing Claire in this state, she softened her face, "Hey Sherry, wait here okay?" She started, "I'm going to check on Claire. And be careful! Waves can be dangerous." Jill warned before walking off. Sherry nodded and continued her actions.

Jill sat down next to Claire in the beach chair, "Hey, you okay?" She asked rubbing her girlfriend's back, "I just can't relax, I don't think I ever will... I'm just, tired." Claire confessed through her tears, Jill pulled her close, allowing her to cry into her chest. Sherry was still splashing about until she looked up at her gaurdians. Claire was full on sobbing into Jill, saddened, she ran up to them, "Claire? What's wrong?" She asked kneeling down to the red head, "Don't worry about me baby." She sniffed, "Go and play in the water okay?" Claire suggested as she forced a smile onto her face. Sherry dived into her torso, hugging her close, "Will you come play with me?" Sherry asked, Jill smiled, "Yeah, come play with us! The water is great." Jill said looking at Sherry, a feeling of pride wash over her. Claire sniffed, "Okay."

The redhead found herself near the waves of the beach, she closed her eyes, hearing the sounds of the waves and smelling the saltiness of the ocean. Jill held her hand, Claire squeezed it back, "Feel good?" The brunette asked, "Super." Claire added, the two shared a small kiss, before getting hit by salt water. The two spat out the salty taste as they looked ahead, seeing Sherry ready to splash more water at them, "Oh you're on little one!" Claire said splashing Sherry back. The three played for hours in the water, they eventually lost track of time.

When it was time for bed, Claire had the job to tuck Sherry into bed today. The blonde was already asleep, exhausted from the day at the beach. Claire covered her with the blanket and kissed her forehead, "Goodnight Sherry... thank you."

*Family chapter time! This is honestly my favorite Claire and Jill ship, I can't really ship them with anyone else (besides me). This was based off of that one Bluey episode called relax! I'm happy to be finally writing something I want to write, I had to burn through a few requests on my mortal kombat book and I needed a break form writing requests. But anyway, hope you like this!*