Chapter 22: Tornadus

Three months had swiftly passed and Alex and Elton had received a cryptic letter beckoning them to the depths of Teric Jungle in the state of Califarmia. Enduring a journey filled with various modes of transportation and temporary stays in hotels, they found themselves battling yet another group of darkness cultists before finally arriving at the designated meeting point.

Standing amidst the serene yet eerie ambiance of the jungle, Alex and Elton scanned their surroundings, half-expecting the sender of the letter to reveal themselves any moment. As minutes ticked by without any sign of the mysterious correspondent, doubts crept into their minds. Could this be an elaborate prank or a wild goose chase?

Alex, feeling a bit exasperated, suggested to Elton that they make the most of their time by exploring the attractions of the state before heading back to the safety of Altaria Guild. However, just as they were about to turn and leave, a commanding voice resonated through the air, commanding them to stay put.

In a moment of both surprise and awe, a majestic figure descended from the skies—an enchanting pink flying genie named Enamorus. Alex couldn't contain a gasp of astonishment while Elton, in his typical direct manner, couldn't help but shout at the legendary being.

As Enamorus gracefully touched down, she began to unravel the mystery, explaining that she was indeed the elusive sender of the letter that had brought Alex and Elton to this mystical rendezvous.

Enamorus, with a calm demeanor that belied her power, explained the reason behind summoning Alex and Elton. She revealed a daunting task—to confront rogue legendaries wreaking havoc across Califarmia and Lem. Elton's immediate reaction was a resolute refusal, dismissing the idea as a perilous and impractical endeavor. "You want us to defeat rogue legendaries?! No way!" he exclaimed, his voice carrying a blend of incredulity and determination.

Alex, though visibly nervous, remained attentive as Enamorus gently intervened. She acknowledged their growing reputation in Siril, assuring them that they wouldn't be alone in these daunting battles. Despite this reassurance, Elton remained steadfast, emphasizing that their lives were too valuable to be risked in what he deemed a potential suicide mission.

Enamorus, unfazed by Elton's objections, presented a stark reality—they were desperately needed to quell the chaos and prevent further loss of life caused by these rogue legendaries. The weight of her words hung heavy in the air, compelling Alex and Elton to reconsider. With defeated sighs, they reluctantly accepted, clinging to the hope that Enamorus' promises of assistance and survival were genuine.

Enamorus's face lit up with a joyful smile, her confidence unwavering. She proceeded to lay out the details of their mission, likening it to a test—one that, according to the rumors circulating about Team Awesome, they were destined to pass.

***

As the sun rose on the appointed day, Alex and Elton ventured to the designated location where they were to encounter the first rogue legendary. True to Enamorus's prediction, they knew they had arrived when they were met with a barrage of powerful winds enveloping the mountainous town of Cliff Town. The gusts were not just strong but devastatingly so, hurling houses and mansions about like mere playthings while emitting an incessant, deafening roar.

Aware that stepping forward could mean being launched into the skies by these ferocious winds, they quickly rummaged through their bags and retrieved the Lagging Tail, a strategic item that would anchor them firmly to the ground, preventing them from being swept away.

With the Lagging Tail secured, they pressed on, braving the tempestuous forces around them. Eventually, they reached the epicenter of the chaos—the source of these cataclysmic winds: Tornadus, the first rogue legendary they were tasked with subduing.