𝟢𝟢𝟣,𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐩𝐞𝐭𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐛𝐞𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐬

"Makayla, hunny, come on. Time to get up. You too Maddy." Melissa tells Makayla and her twin sister Maddie. Maddie groans, rolling away from mom while Makayla is still pretending to be fast asleep. Melissa runs her hand through Makayla's hair, causing her to open her eyes, slowly.

"what time is it?" Makayla asks Melissa as she stretch her limbs in bed. Maddie groans again.

"Too early." Maddie mumbles into her pillow, knowing she can't go back to sleep Maddie pushes herself up to sit on the side of her bed, Makayla doing the same shortly after.

"Get dressed. It's time for school." Melissa tells us before walking out of the twins' room. Maddie flops back down and Makayla gets up and pull out school clothes.

"Come on Maddie. A few hours of school and then it's dance." Makayla says, brushing all the nots from her hair. Once again Maddie groans, wishing school didn't exist. Makayla wishes school didn't exist. How is she gonna use most math stuff in her future?

After a minute or two, Maddie and Makayla got dressed and went downstairs for breakfast. Mackenzie, their little sister was sitting at the dining table, rubbing her eyes while yawning. Makayla and Maddy both yawned after in sync.

"Come on. Let's get in the car." Melissa says, rushing her three kids out to where the school bus has just arrived, while she carried Mackenzie. Once all of her kids are in the bus and it drives off, Melissa walked back inside her house.

A lot of hours later and school was finished... finally. The school bus arrived at their house. The three kids jumped out and ran up the driveway to their door. They all rushed inside so Makayla, Maddie and Kenzie dressed, hair done and all stretched for dance.

"Kayla, come here so I can do your hair." Melissa told her middle child. Makayla was 3 minutes younger than Maddie and Maddie always took pride in that. After her hair was finished, the three girls grabbed their dance bags and got back in the car, on the way to dance.

When they all arrived, Miss Abby was sat at the front desk, doing some work. When she saw them, a large smile made its way to her face.

"Hello." Miss Abby said, looking over the counter desk to Makayla, Maddie, Kenzie and Melissa as they all walked through the doors with smiles.

"Hi Ab." Melissa smiled to the dance teacher as they walked in. Makayla, Maddie and Kenzie all smiled at Miss Abby.

Maddy and Makayla quickly took Mackenzies hands and walked off to the den with her. They all placed their bags down before quickly exchanging hugs with their friends as they arrived.

"Come on in girls." Miss Abby said to all of the girls, popping her head round the door into the dancers den. All seven of them ran out and sat in front of the black board.

"All right, girls. It's the first of rehearsal for the new competition season. Ladies, you all know why you're here. You are the cream of the crop in your age group and I have lots of new ideas in store. I am going to do something, that no other studio in the country does." Miss Abby says, pausing before continuing.

"Every single competition we are doing a new routine." Abby tells all of them, causing them all look at their mothers.

"Ah ah ah ah ah ah, girls don't look at your mothers. I am the coach, I am the teacher. I can make you or I can break you." Miss Abby explains before she turns the black board around to reveal the pyramid.
—————————————————
Makayla
Maddie  Chloe
Brooke  Paige  Nia  Kenzie
—————————————————

"Everybody wants to be on top, of course but you have to work for it." Miss Abby says, pointing at all of them.
"Everybody wants to be front and centre. I hear it all the time. Whoever is in the front and centre, they can't make a mistake. They are holding that group together."