chapter 3

|| Grigori||

Issei woke up from his nap and went towards Azazel's office upon entering vali and Azazel was inside the room and they noticed issei.

Azazel: seems your up sleeping beauty.

He said in a joking tone which made vali to giggle while issei just sigh and gave a slight chuckle.

Azazel: so issei what are you gonna do now? - he tried changing the topic.

Issei: hmm maybe recruit kiba and gasper.

Azazel: and why them?

Issei: because for starters they never were a part of my ex's scheme.

Azazel: I see that sounds reasonable.

Issei: hmm considering the time maybe we should take Valerie with us.

Azazel: the holy grail wielder?

Issei: yeah and besides the holy grail is a treasure worth stealing from the enemies hands wouldn't you agree?

Azazel: can't argue with that - suddenly he realized something - Shit! We got to move now! - He said, catching the attention of Issei and Vali.

Vali, who one could say knew Azazel the best of the two, knew something had to be big for Azazel to be this scared.

Issei: What happened?

Azazel: I forgot until just now due to everything going on but I sent Baraqiel on his mission that cost Shuri her life right before the latest spar - He said, generating a magic circle as Vali and Issei's eyes widened.

While Issei had known about the incident, he'd completely forgotten about it since he had come back in time.

Issei: Let's go. I just hope we aren't too late.

He hoped they weren't too late as he knew how traumatic the event was for Akeno though issei planned to take advantage of that event to prevent her from joining rias. Though when they arrived at the shrine, it was too late as it was already destroyed.

Issei: Damnit, we didn't make it in time.

Azazel: You're right and it's my fault once more that this happened.

Azazel said, pissed off at himself once more at the events that transpired, though in this case, his memories came back too late to warn him not to send Baraqiel on the mission. Speaking of Baraqiel, right at that time, the man himself popped up in a magic circle nearby.

Azazel: Baraqiel! There you are!

Baraqiel had just teleported back to his family's home after the attack from his wife's family on Shuri and his daughter. He'd sensed the attack through the sensors he had put in place around his house when the attack started but he was too late to save Shuri but before he could get his daughter out of there, if she would have listened as mad as she was at him for not being there, he felt more enemies appear and went to deal with them but got caught in a teleportation trap that activated too fast for him to stop.

What he saw when he got back to the shrine was the house completely destroyed with no sign of Akeno, but he did turn when he heard his voice called out by his boss.

Baraqiel: Azazel! What are you doing here?!

Thinking fast as he didn't want to talk about the time travel part right now, he finally recognized what part of the precognition was that he dismissed when talking to Issei.