5. Sparkles

I wasn't sure if my feelings for him were genuine or just a form of reliance. He was already the CEO of a major company at a young age, and being with him would solve all my financial worries. I heard that the school was going to hold a fireworks show soon, and it seemed like the perfect opportunity. He was like oxygen to me; without him, I couldn't breathe. My heart rose and fell with him, and for centuries, I had remained silent but filled with love for him. I planned to ask him out on the day of the fireworks show and confess my feelings to him. But before that, I needed to cultivate our relationship. So, I sent him a text message:

"2 PM, coffee shop?

He replied almost instantly:

"Okay."

These simple two words made me ponder for a long time, thinking about his possible expression and thoughts on the other end. Maybe he was just being perfunctory? Or perhaps he was too scared, after all, he replied too quickly.

2 PM arrived quickly, and I appeared at the café in casual attire, wondering what he had been up to at the bar before. Soon, he arrived. He was wearing a white T-shirt from Dior, revealing his clear collarbones and white skin. He wore a simple black coat from Walter, left unzipped, over a pair of black casual pants designed by Hugo Boss, with a silver chain hanging down from the right side, shining strangely. A bag hung from his left shoulder, and he wore a white duckbill cap on his head, with slightly messy black hair. He had a mischievous smile on his face. I didn't expect a tycoon to dress so casually. He sat across from me, and I dared not look directly at him, afraid he would notice my feelings.

"Sorry for making you wait. There was traffic on the way," he said.

"It's okay, I just arrived."

"By the way, our school is having a fireworks show next week. Do you want to go together?"

"Of course, I didn't have any plans for next week anyway."

We sat in the café, drinking coffee and telling jokes, and the sweet time seemed to slow down. The week passed by very slowly, and every day I looked forward to that night's arrival.

Finally, the night came, and he was still handsome as ever, with fair skin and distinct facial features; his deep eyes sparkled with charming light; thick eyebrows, high nose, perfect lips, all exuded nobility and elegance, like a prince from a fairy tale. That night, when the brightest and largest fireworks rose, I gently touched his shoulder, and he turned his head.

"Actually, although you are like a glass of plain water, without sweet words, without this glass of plain water, I can't live. So, I like you."

A look of astonishment appeared on his face, and the muscles in his cheeks relaxed, almost turning his mouth into a small round hole.

"I never thought you had feelings for me like this. I think we shouldn't contact each other in the future."