8.Antidote

Since that gathering, he has frequently appeared in my world. I even requested to change seats with the teacher just to sit next to him. He always sits by the window, seemingly yearning for the outside sky, like a sapphire washed by clear water. Curiously, I asked:

"Why are you so interested in the sky?"

"The sky is fascinating because of its vastness and clarity. It witnesses the changes between day and night, the dispersal of clouds, recalling past beauty, and reminiscing about bygone times."

His words made me lost in thought, recalling those beautiful moments.

Su Jin's grades have always been among the top in the grade, ranking in the top ten in every subject. So, I invited him out on the weekend under the pretext of tutoring, secretly getting closer to him. Because he seemed like someone who liked milk tea, I arranged to meet at the milk tea shop near the school, and I even brought some small cakes. The specialty of this shop is that you can customize a bowl of sugar water for only ten yuan. The ordering process was like assembling LEGO bricks, with options of coconut milk, soy milk, or milk tea as the base, and various toppings such as taro paste, tea jelly, and pudding.

"What subjects do you need tutoring in?"

"Basically, all of them."

"Then let's not stay in the shop for too long, so as not to affect their customer flow. Let's go to the KTV after we finish eating and drinking."

The milk tea was delicious, and the small cakes were refreshing. Soon, we went to the KTV. There, we forgot the reason for studying and just sang purely. When we came out, it was already nightfall, so we went to eat Japanese food. I ordered a serving of kimchi beef Sukiyaki, fish roe potato salad, curry chicken rice, hot spring egg beef rice, and ice cream bread. The texture of the bread was great, and the ice cream blended with the bread, very delicious!

We became friends and were almost inseparable. After the final exams, neither of us planned to go home, but since the school dormitories were closed, he temporarily moved in with me.

"How about we go on a trip?" I suggested.

"Where to?"

"What about Sanya?"

"Sure."