02 - Office

"SEJU

"SEJU.. Uth jaa tu late ho rahi hai office ke liye" said my mom screaming from the kitchen while cooking the delicious breakfast for me.

"Haa mummy aayi, bas nahane jaa rahi hu" damn I need to hurry up or else my mom will kill me.

I got up, took a shower and got ready for the day.

I clicked a picture of myself, as I felt pretty today

I clicked a picture of myself, as I felt pretty today. Well to be honest I might be a selfie addict but it totally depends on my mood.

While checking the notifications on my phone I walked out of my room to see my mother.

She was all decked up in a blue saree which looked gorgeous on her.

"Good morning mom, You look so beautiful" I wished her while kissing her cheeks.

"Good morning Darling, You look amazing too beta" said my mother while kissing me back on the forehead.

"Hehehe Thank you mom, What did you make today?" I asked her while making myself comfortble on the dinning table.

"Look by yourself" she replied in joy.

I opened the lid of the container myself and looked at my mom happily
and asked

"You made Kaande Pohaaa?"

She just smiled at me and signed me to eat already.

"Thank you mom, I Love You"

I thanked her while taking the first bite and moaned slightly by the satisfying taste.

"Welcome Darling" replied my mother while smiling but her eyes looked concerned.

"What's wrong?" I asked her while keeping the spoon back on the plate.

"Look at yourself, Sejal" replied my mom in a worried voice.

I knew where the conversation was heading towards "I am totally fit and fine mom" .

I replied her question in an annoyed tone.

"You are not, you keep working day and night like a robot. You don't eat on time. You come late at home. You are losing so much of weight Seju."

She said while getting angry and glaring at me.

"Mom chill, I know how to take care of myself please don't worry about me" I replied my mom trying my best to make her calm down.

"Is he giving you lot's of work in the company?" asked my mom while questioning about my father.

"No mom, it isn't like that you know your daughter right. No one can order her around" I replied my mom while thinking that how should I find the way to get out of this conversation.

Well luck is on my side today as my phone started ringing.

I picked up the call it was from my secretary, Yash "Hello" I said.

"Good morning Ma'am," he greeted.

"Good morning, Yash" I replied him back.

"Actually ma'am I am waiting outside of your house, we need to head office urgently as there is some emergency which needs your attention" he said in a hurried tone.

"Alright, give me five minutes" I said while cutting the call and walking to my room.

I grabbed my belongings, and headed out towards the living room. I was about to call my mother but I saw her standing near the door waiting for me.

"Are you going back?" I asked my mom looking at her.

"Yes, as no one listens to me here"
She replied clearly indicating her words towards me.

"Come on, mom I do listen to you" I said her while giggling.

"I can see that, dear" she replied while glaring at me.

"Alright, did you bring the car or should I drop you?" I asked, while hugging her.

"No, I brought the car with the driver" she replied while kissing my forehead.

"Okay then bye I need to head office urgently today" I said my mother.

"Bye, Take care don't stress yourself too much" she replied while smiling at me.

"Yes mom" I said her by wishing good bye.

I walked towards my car when the driver just opened the door for me. I saw Yash sitting in the passenger seat while making myself comfortable in the back seat.

"What was the emergency you were talking about?" I asked him while checking the e-mails on Ipad.

"Ma'am actually Mr. Malhotra wants to meet you regarding the deal with 'Aghnotri's'." replied my secretary.

"What? But that deal is not my concern, he was personally handling it right?" I asked my secretary in a frustrating tone.

"Yes, ma'am but yesterday evening I got a call from Mr.Malhotra's P.A about this" he replied with an unknown fear in his voice.

"Fine I will look into this matter".
I said while remembering the flashbacks of why I am here and working for my father.

The story begins right after my graduation, I was applying for jobs in various companies but on one fine day my father came to meet me and started pursuing me to work in his company.

At first I immediately declined his offer but later I actually thought about it. This company did not only belong to my father but it was the hard work of my grand father whom I admire and respect.

As my father was the only one to continue the business of my grand father, my uncles did not bother to look after the company and shifted abroad.

So, logically I was the legal heir to continue this company. I asked my mother about it and she had no objection with it because she knew the hard work of my grand father and she actually wanted me to work in the company which he started.

And then here I am today standing as the "CEO of Malhotra Industries" after proving myself to this world that I did not get this post easily.
I worked hard and achieved it with my capability.

___________________________________________

So, this is the second chapter.

I hope you all liked it

You can share your opinions in comment section.

I would really appreciate your point of views.

Don't forget to vote my lovely readers.

For further updates or spoilers you can follow me on
Instagram : swaru.writes

Thank You