⠀⠀⠀ ten

T E N

10th of October NCAVCQuantico, Virginia

10th of October
NCAVC
Quantico, Virginia

"YOU CAN'T BE serious right now. You're joking, right? You're just going to go back to them because there's no other choice? That's bullshit!"

The 13 year old female exclaimed as she forcefully unplugged her laptop. Pictures of murdered peoples disintegrated on the screen from their small pixels into a dark nothingness. Her eyes were narrowed to slits and her booming voice made it seem as though she was taller than she actually was.

Scout pursed her lips, "Jude, now is not the time for this."

"Oh really?" She sarcastically looked around the room at the BAU, "Cause I think that now would be the perfect time. It would only seem right, especially in front of the people that fucked you over!"

"Hey!" Morgan stood up with a snap, the veins on his forehead protruding out with pulsating anger that threatened to escape.

"We're not the one to blame for what happened, Kid. So, I suggest you tone down that attitude of yours because I don't want to hear it."

Jude whipped her head around toward her mother, "You told me that you always have a choice...no matter what happens, there's always a choice."

"Not when it comes to protecting the people I love."

The teen hugged her laptop to her chest, narrowing her eyes once more as if they could burn holes into the heads of the BAU members. And with a final huff, she stormed out of the conference room, leaving an eerie silence in the wake of her outburst.

"She's an aggressive one, isn't she?" Emily mulled, trying to relieve the tension.

"Jude - I wouldn't call her aggressive. She's just..." Scout sat back down in a slump, "She's very protective over me and she doesn't like to share. If anything were to happened to me - I'm the only one she's got."

Nichols pursed her lips as she grabbed Reid's untouched coffee to drink, "At least she's tough."

The petite brunette smiled sadly - not because of what she saw - but because an entire group of professional Behavioral Analysts couldn't decipher the complex mind of her daughter. It made her proud but also had a bittersweet taste in her mouth. A 13 year old girl shouldn't be as closed off as she was.

"She acts like she is. But it's the small things that remind me how innocent she actually is. Like how she's terrified of the dark, or that she can't sleep without her stuffed animal."