⠀⠀⠀ one

O N E

7th of OctoberNCAVCQuantico, Virginia

7th of October
NCAVC
Quantico, Virginia

    "DAD SAID THAT I could explore the jet, I don't see what the problem is. How was I supposed to know you had a case today?"

JJ smirked at the little girl holding her hand. Her chocolate eyes batted their thick eyelashes back at her, begging to look as innocent as possible.

But the blonde mother knew better.

"Kiara Morgan, are you telling me that your mom didn't tell you anything about an upcoming case we have in Minnesota?"

The girl hesitated, "I can't remember."

"Are you sure? Cause I can take you to her right now and we can ask her together. Maybe that might jog your memory?"

"I think it's starting to come back to me, Auntie J." Kiara pursed her lips, scratching her head as if she was magically starting to remember.

JJ chuckled and nodded, "Lucky for you, I was just about to pay your mom a visit to ask about that case. Do you want to come with me?"

"You're not gonna tell her about the jet, are you?"

"We'll see, Kia." She shrugged her shoulders and guided them down the hall towards the separated offices. "Your mother has her eyes everywhere, I wouldn't be surprised if she already knew."

Kiara pouted and crossed her arms, "Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised too."

JJ chuckled to herself. Her goddaughter certainly had a talent for getting into trouble around the BAU headquarters. Derek Morgan always said that she was born without fear, having never cried as a baby and was completely unfazed by the normal terrors that plagued children's minds.

Kiara was, to be said bluntly, the complete opposite of her mother.

"Hold on! Hold on," The dark skinned girl exclaimed as they stopped outside the closed office door.

"Let me try and kick it down! Please, I've been practicing! Dad's been teaching me!"

The blonde hesitated, "I don't know, Kia."

"How am I supposed to become a profiler like you guys if I can't kick down doors?"

"I'm pretty sure it's not a requirement for the job -"